•Sixty-three•

Eloise
-x-

2:32pm
1st October 2019

Laying down I flinched a little as the nurse began to spread cold gel over my belly.

"Are you okay?" Shawn worried as he took my hand in his, making me laugh at protective and caring he was 24/7.

"I'm fine, the gel is just cold" I smiled, causing his tense body to release as he returned me a smile.

Shawn's eyes then left mine and over towards the screen next to me. Following his eyes to the screen I watched as my baby now appeared on the screen, it's strong heartbeat loudly sounding around the room.

"Is that our baby?" Shawn whispered.

"Yeah it is" I smile as I looked back at Shawn to see him staring at our baby in awe.

His eyes were so big as they beamed brightly at the screen, his lips agape in shock of getting to see his baby for the first time.

"Oh my god" Shawn softly breathed out as he admired our baby in fascination.

"Baby M is very healthy and strong" the nurse explained making me proudly smile.

"You can find out the gender if you want"

"We're having a gender reveal party next week so could you please put the gender in an envelope" I politely asked.

"Ofcourse" the nurse smiled.

"Let me just just print out the scan and then I'll go do all that for you"

"Thank you" I smiled as the nurse typed a few things into her computer before leaving the room.

Once the picture of our baby left the screen Shawn looked up at me, so much excitement and happiness on his face.

"I can't believe that's our baby" Shawn beamed, scrunching his nose up at me as he lent forward.

"I know, neither can I" I softly smiled as our eyes became mesmerized with one another's

"Are you busy tonight?" Shawn asked.

"I've a got a date with cleaning" I joked as a grin tugged on Shawn's lips

"Can I join you?" Shawn asked, everything about him so soft as he looked up at me.

"You really wanna clean?" I laughed, raising my eyebrows at him.

"I'll be honest, it's just an excuse for me to spend more time with you" Shawn smirked, making me blush as I turned away with burning cheeks.

Trying to hide how shy he makes me I looked back at him to see a smirk on his lips as his big eyes lit up.

"As long as you buy us take away" I teased.

"Ofcourse" Shawn chuckled.

-x-

7:41pm

"Right, I've finished cleaning both of the bathrooms" Shawn sighed as he walked into the kitchen, chucking his rubber gloves in the bin.