•Fifty-four•

Eloise
-x-

10:57am
21st September 2019

Shawn still hadn't come over to pick up his joggers and seeing as I had to go into work today, to sort out some paperwork, I decided it would just be easier if I popped over to his parents house beforehand.

Once pulling up outside of Shawn's parents' house I hopped out the car before grabbing Shawn's folded pair of joggers off the back seat. I then made my way towards the front door before knocking on it.

I'll admit, I was really nervous to see Shawn's parents. I didn't know how much they know about what's gone on between Shawn and I, and I didn't know if they would like me anymore.

A few seconds later the door opened to reveal Manny. I could tell he was, at first, a little in shock at seeing me here. Eventually he gave me smile before opening the door wide and stepping out to greet me in a hug.

"It's so good to see you Eloise" Manny smiled as we separated from a short hug.

"It's good to see you too, I've missed all you guys" I smiled, feeling my body relax as Manny didn't seem angry or upset with me.

"Come inside, Karen and Aaliyah will be thrilled to see you" Manny said as he gestured for me to come in.

I nodded before walking into the house so Manny could close the door behind me.

"They're in the garden" Manny said.

Walking my way through the hallway and the living room I generally reached the garden to see Karen knelt on the ground gardening, while Aaliyah was sat on the swing on her phone. Continuing to look around the garden I was sad to see that there was no sign of Shawn.

"We've got a visitor" Manny announced, grabbing their attention.

Immediately their heads snapped round to me and much to my pleasure their faces lit up.

"Eloise, it's so great to see you" Karen beamed before getting up and coming to give me a hug.

"You too" I smiled as she squeezed me in a hug.

"How you feeling?" She asked, genuinely concerned.

"I'm okay" I sighed, giving her a small smile.

I could tell she didn't believe me so instead she just gave me a sympathic smile.

"How about you Aaliyah, how you doing?" I smiled as she walked towards me.

"I'm good, especially since I found out I was going to be an auntie yesterday" Aaaliyah grinned causing me to lightly laugh.

"Yeah" I nervously laughed.

"We're really happy for you Eloise" Karen warmly smiled at me.

I gave her a thankful smile for the reassurance that they all still had my back.

"Thanks, I still can't quite believe it" I softly laughed as I bought my hands down to my bump.

"When do you find out the gender?" Manny asked as Karen placed a hand out my bump.

"In like three weeks" I replied.

"I reckon it's a boy" Aaliyah added.

"Yeah, so do I" I smiled.

"Anyway I actually have to get to soon, so I better go give Shawn these" I said as I held up the joggers.

"Is he here?"

"He's in his room" Manny answered.

"We'll have to go out for a coffee soon Eloise, we need to catch up" Karen smiled.

"Ofcourse" I returned.

I then excused myself before going back inside and making my way upstairs. Reaching Shawn's room I lightly knocked on his door but there was no answer.

Quietly opening the door I peered in to see Shawn spread out fast asleep on his bed. I felt a smile tug at my lips as I looked down at his face to him snuggled into his pillow.

Walking into his room I placed his folded joggers on his desk before going to the side of his bed to see him still asleep. Looking down at him I noticed how he had a piece of paper layed next to him.

Kneeling beside the bed I carefully leaned over and took the paper in my hands. Looking down at it I noticed how it was the letter I had written to Shawn on the day of graduation.

I immediately smiled warmly as I stared down at him. Placing the paper back down I gently took my hand to the side of his face before softly moving my fingers down his mouth cheek.

"I love you so much" I whispered before leaning down and kissing the top of his forehead.

As I did I felt a hand gently take ahold of my other hand as it rested on the bed. Looking down Shawn's hand it was wrapped over the top of mine.

I again fautlessly smiled before looking up at his face to still see him with his eyes closed. I felt his hand give mine a light squeeze before letting go.

"Sleep well" I soothed before getting up and leaving the room.

Shawn
-x-

1:21pm

Hopping out of the steamy hot shower I took a white towl off the rack before wrapping it around my waistline. Letting out a loud yawn I walked over to the mirror before wiping away Its condensation with my hand.

Looking at myself in the mirror all I could see was how tired I looked. My face was so pale and my eyes were really puffy. Letting out a breathy sigh I then brushed my teeth before leaving the bathroom and going back into my room.

Walking over to my chester draws I went to grab myself some bottoms but before I did I noticed my grey joggers were on the top. Furrowing my eyebrows I picked them up before holding them up to my nose so I could smell them. Immediately I could tell that these were the ones Elle had washed for me. They smelt just like her.

Dropping my towl I then put on a pair of boxers before putting my joggers on over the top.

Grabbing my phone off the side I found Elle's contact before getting her thanks for bringing my joggers over.

I don't have a clue when she dropped them off but, I'll be honest, I'm glad I wasn't awake when she was here. Right now I wasn't in the right frame of mind to talk to her.

As for right now I had made plans to go out with a group of my friends tonight. All I needed right now was to get my mind off things and just take some time to relax. I hadn't had time for myself in ages and I really needed to take the time to do what I wanted to do.

It was time for me to put myself first for once and just let loose.

++++++
Well, well, well...
Let me know what you think!
💕💖