•Nine•

Just You and I by Ton Walker
'And I know, I can tell you anything.
You won't judge, you're just listening'

6:26pm
6th August 2019

"Why don't you try using this?" I suggested as I stood behind Lydia, placing a roller infront of her.

Taking her small hands off her piece of pizza dough she grasped onto the roller before childishly hitting it against the dough in an attempt to flatten it out.

I laughed at this as I held my hands on her sides so she didn't fall off the stall, her two-year old self not having completely defined the act of balance.

"I don't know about you two but mine and Alfie's pizza is looking awesome" Shawn smirked over at the two of us he also held onto Alfie so he didn't fall.

Looking down at their pizza it was completely flattened out, curving into a circle. Alfie then turned his head up to look at me, a big toothy grin flashing across his face.

"Has Uncle Shawn been helping you?" I teased as I scrunched my nose up at the five year old.

"No" his giddy laugh radiated through the room as he shook his head back and fourth.

Looking back up at Shawn he just smugly smiled at me causing me to roll my eyes at him slightly.

"What are you putting on your pizza, Lydia?" Shawn smiled sweetly as he lent his head forward so he could look at her face.

Lydia turned her head to match Shawn's voice, her small lips grinning at him as she babbled a few words; some of which were audible but some of which neither of us had no clue about.

"Oh, cheese? That sounds really good" Shawn gave her a goofy smile before leaning towards her face as she scrunched her nose up at him.

He then pecked a kiss on her button nose as a giggle fell from her lips.

I couldn't help but laugh at her squeals towards Shawn as I reached my hand into her hair and began gently brushing my fingers through her radiating blonde hair.

Shawn smiled down at her before looking back at me, something so warm and doting swarming in his eyes. His smile only heightened as his eyes flicked down to my lips before back onto my eyes.

He then lent in and pressed a soft kiss against my lips before pulling away and returning his attention back onto Alfie as they drowned themselves into another conversation.

"Let me help you" I said to Lydia as I placed my hands on the ends of the roller, her hands resting further in.

I then helped her push it over the dough, in no time it flattening out into an average pizza shape.

"Red!" Lydia exclaimed as she pointed towards a jar of pizza sauce.

"Yeah, it's red. Shall we put some on?" I smiled as I grabbed it, placing an arm either side of Lydia so she was secure in my arms.

"Yeah!" She squealed, clapping her hands.

Laughing I wrapped my arms around her before squeezing her tightly.

"God, I love you so much" I grinned before pressing a big kiss on her red cheeks.

Another squeal escaped her lips before I then let go of her and opened the jar of sauce. I then took out a spoonful of sauce before placing it in Lydia's hand as I guided her around the pizza dough.