•Three•

Lights Down Low by MAX & gnash
'On my heart, where you're resting your head and you just look so beautiful'

4:30pm
2nd August 2019

"I still can't believe you told my parents about the gym" Shawn sighed as I looked up to see him walking into the living room with a jug of cold lemonade and a bowl of popcorn.

"I wouldn't have bought it up if you didn't bring up my promotion" I rose my eyebrows at him before looking back at the tv and scrolling through movies to watch.

"I only told them because I think you should be proud of getting a promotion" Shawn replied as he took a seat on the other end of the sofa.

"And you should be proud too" I smiled as I turned to face him.

"You've worked hard enough and had enough success for you to finally be able to have your own business"

Shawn eventually smiled at me in defeat before shaking his head a little.

Turning back to the tv I picked a random comedy for us to watch before reaching for popcorn bowl and placing it on my lap.

"Elle?" Shawn said causing me to flip myself round to look at him.

"What?" I asked as he rose his eyebrows at me.

"How far away do you wanna sit from me?" Shawn laughed lightly.

I playfully rolled my eyes before lazily scooting myself next to him. As I lent against Shawn's side he wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me into his chest as I rested my head against him.

Taking the bowl and resting it on his lap Shawn then placed a soft kiss on the top of my head, instantly making an irresistible smile rise onto my face.

Reaching over to his hand on my waist I comfortably intertwined our fingers before settling my attention on the movie.

-/

10:00am
3rd August 2019

While Shawn was at work I had a couple of his friend's round to help me put together the last few details for Shawn's surprise birthday party on Thursday.

We were all currently sat outside in the garden around the table, soaking in Canada's suprisingly good summer, as we ate different crisps and dips to go with them.

"So what sort of food are we deciding on having for the party then?" Liam asked shoving another salted crisp into his mouth.

"I'm not sure, Shawn likes anything spicy but I don't think that's the best thing for a party" I shrugged as I dipped a crisp into some salsa.

"How about a buffet? That way it fits everyone" Liam suggested.

Instantly I smiled at him, obviously pleased with the idea.

"Okay, now we just need to write a list of the food we need and I'll go buy it" I replied.

"On it" Kyle exclaimed as he held a notepad and pen up in the air before placing them on the table and beginning to list multiple kinds of food.

"How the hell have you even kept all of this a secret from him anyway?" Liam asked, sitting across from me with a cold beer in one hand.

"You don't know how many times it's nearly slipped from my mouth" I laughed, shaking my head a little from side to side.

"Tell me about it, the other day at the gym he started talking about his birthday and asked me if I wanted to come over to yours for a drink. I nearly forgot that he had no idea about the party" Kyle sighed, chuckling to himself, as he continued to work his way through the buffet list.