•Thirty-five•

Shawn
-x-

13:01pm
17th August 2019

Sitting on my bed I was finally able to eat by myself without having to have someone spoon feed me.

Elle had left about twenty minutes ago after I had persisted for her to leave. I told her that she needed to go take some time for herself, rather than spending all her time worrying about me. In all truth I just wanted her to go so I could speak to Kyle and Liam alone, who were visiting me at some point today.

Shoving another spoonful of mash into my mouth I just stared blankly forward, out of the window, as I watched people now and again pass my room.

After another ten minutes or so Liam and Kyle had finally arrived and enthsuatically came charging into my room.

"Good afternoon Mendes" Kyle beamed as he shot over to my bed and forcefully engulfed me in a hug.

"Jeez, not too hard Kyle" I laughed, tensing a little at the pain of him squeezing me.

"Oh sorry man, I've just been really eager to see you all day" Kyle sighed as he let go of me, Liam now coming over to give me a more gentle hug.

"I'm so glad you guys are here" I said as they both pulled chairs up to one side of my bed.

"Why, what's up?" Kyle asked.

"It's just stuff between Elle and I" I sighed as I readjusted the pillows behind me.

"What's going on man? I thought everything was good with you two and that your were on the same page?" Liam replied as he sat forward in his chair, resting his hands together.

"Yeah everything's fine, it's just earlier I had this urge to kiss her and like- I really wanted to" I said, a little frustrated as I went to hold onto my hair but realised my curls were no longer there.

"And did you?" Kyle rose his eyebrow.

"No I didn't. I didn't because I knew that if I did then I would just be messing with her head" I sighed before plunging my head back into the pillows.

"Why do you think you keep wanting to kiss her?" Liam asked.

"I don't know, I mean maybe my hormones are all over the place. I mean she's an attractive girl and maybe I just wanna-" I shook my head before Kyle interrupted.

"Have sex with her?" Kyle laughed as he narrowed his eyes at me.

"No" I scoffed, looking away from him because I knew that that was exactly how I felt right now.

"It's nothing to feel bad about Shawn. I get why you're feeling like this" Liam replied causing me to look at him with a questionable expression.

"I mean, in your head all you remember is being 18 years old" lain began explaining.

"An 18 year old virgin may I add" Kyle said causing me to laugh lightly as I rolled my eyes.

"Yes you think you're an 18 year old virgin but the likelihood is that only last week, on the day of your accident, you probably had sex with Eloise" Liam explained as I uncomfortably nodded at the thought, still finding it so strange that I have a girlfriend.

"Basically what Liam is saying is that your body is hor-" Kyle said before I cut him off.

"Yeah I think I get it" I scrunched my nose up as I tried to cut him off from saying anything more.

"Anyway what am I suppose to do? Act on my urges and kiss Elle or just ignore them?" I asked.

"I think you should just avoid kissing her for now. I mean it's only gonna confuse her. She doesn't need that now, especially since she's-" Liam began but came to a halt and immediately shut his mouth.

"What?" Kyle asked, also noticing Liam's expression change.

"Yeah, especially since she's what?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Nothing" Liam shook his head, letting out a scratchy cough.

"You're lying" I insisted as I noticed him shift into being nervous.

"I'm not, I just got ahead of myself" Liam said, blatantly lying before standing up from his chair.

"I don't believe you. Is everything okay with Elle?" I asked.

"Don't sweat it Shawn, she's fine" Liam sighed, his tone a little rude and blunt before he walked out of the room.

"What the hell is his problem?" Kyle asked as we watched Liam leave.

"I don't know, but I'm guessing he knows something" I mumbled.

Eloise
-x-

15:21pm
17th August 2019

Once applying the face mask onto my face I washed off the excess on my hands into the sink. In the midst of drying my hands on the towl there was a knock at my front door.

Leaving the bathroom I jogged downstairs before going over to the front. Peeping through the hole in the door thankfully it was only Liam so I didn't mind him seeing me wearing a face mask.

Opening the door he immediately fell into laughter as he looked at my face.

"You like an ogre" Liam laughed.

"Ha ha, what do you want?" I asked sarcastically as I lent against the door frame.

"I just came to see how you were doing. How's the morning sickness?" Liam asked as he rested his hands in the pockets of his jeans.

"It's still bad but I feel fine in the afternoons" I replied.

"When's your scan?" Liam questioned as I gestured for him to come into the house, to which he did.

"On Monday morning" I said as I closed the door behind Liam.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Liam asked, sounding so genuine as the two of us walked into the kitchen.

"I'm okay with going on my own" I gave him a small smile before going over to the fridge and grabbing a jug of lemonade for the two of us to drink.

"Are you sure Eloise? I mean I really don't mind coming with you for support and all that" Liam insisted.

"Are you sure? Will it not be weird?" I sighed as Liam grabbed some glasses.

"No not at all. I'm Shawn's bestfriend and I know that he'd be wanting me to support you when he can't" Liam smiled as I looked up at him.

I couldn't help but give him a sad smile as I placed the jug down on the counter.

"Thankyou" I said quietly, feeling the sadness hit me that Shawn wouldn't be sharing this moment with me.

"I've got you Eloise okay? Differences aside I've always got your back" Liam smiled as he placed a hand at my shoulder.

I gave him another appreciative smile before Liam let go of me and began pouring us some glasses of lemonade.

"How about you go find me another one of those face masks and I can join in with the spa day?" Liam teased as he rose his eyebrows at me.

"Sure, I'll get you the black coal face mask" I grinned to myself, knowing for well that when it comes to Liam taking off the mask it would be very amusing.

"Great" Liam said clueslessly as I went to grab him a face mask out of the bathroom.

++++++
Sorry it took me so long to get another chapter out but here you go!
Please comment and vote!
💕💖