•Twenty-one•

Alps by Novo Amor & Ed Tullet
'I would break every inch of my love'

00:40am
9th August 2019

"Not without Shawn"

Standing infront of Elliott he tried to get me to move, repeating how I needed to go but each time I refused because I couldn't leave without Shawn being by my side.

"Seriously Elle, get the fuck out of here!" Elliott shouted over the mass of screams as I felt one of the girls begin to tug at my arm for me to move.

"No!" I shook my head as I felt my eyes became frozen with fearful tears of what was going on around us.

As I shouted that another shot erupted throughout the room, instinctively making all four of us duck down.

"Please just go Elle, I promise I'll find Shawn and bring him straight to you. Where is he?" Elliott pleaded as we all cautiously stood back up straight.

"In the bathroom" I panicked as my eyes began frantically scanning the room.

As my eyes fell down onto the floor I felt my heart beat a million times per second yet freeze at the same time as I saw two bodies slumped over eachother, blood pouring out the two of them.

"Oh my god" I breathed out heavily as I realised they were two other trainers from Shawn's work.

"You three go out the fire exit, Shawn and I will meet you out there" Elliott stated as he squeezed my shoulders in reassurance.

Before I knew it my body was turned around and I had Heidi and Emily dragging me quickly through the room, towards wherever the fire exit was.

The screams were deadly with each one that got louder. All I knew was that these screams came from people who Shawn and I loved, whether a little or big amount.

"Heidi!" I then heard Liam shout before looking forward to seem him running at the three of us, Kyle following close behind.

His eyes were panicked and big as his breathing became rapid and heavy.

"Are you guys okay?" Kyle worried as he reached forward for Emily's face.

"We're fine, we just need to get out" Heidi sighed.

"Where's Shawn?" Liam quickly worried as his wide eyes screamed how terrified he was.

"He was in the bathroom" I felt my breath hitch at even the thought of Shawn possibly being hurt and alone.

"Let me go and find him" Liam insisted.

"No, you can't" Heidi stepped in as Liam went to run past us but she grabbed onto him before she could.

"He's my bestfriend Heidi, I can't fucking leave him here" Liam sighed before harshly pulling out of her grasp and running off into the commotion.

"Let me go with him" Kyle said as he  pecked a kiss on Emily's cheek before quickly running off so she couldn't object.

-/

1:00am

It had been twenty minutes and none of the guys had returned to where they said they would meet us.

The police and ambulance were now here, blocking all access to the doors so no one could back in or come out. I wasn't sure where the shooter was but I did know that he legged from the building a few minutes ago before the police could catch him.

Holding tightly onto Heidis and Emily's arms we were pushed right up next to eachother as the cold air built up around us.

The three of frantically watched the doors of the building, just waiting for any sign of Shawn, Kyle or Liam but there was nothing. It felt like an agonising internity of just waiting for them to show us that they were okay.