•Seven•

Adore You by Miley Cyrus
'When you say you love me
know I love you more'

6:28pm
5th August 2019

Shawn and I were now sat in a cab on our way to the restaurant which Shawn was still yet to have revealed to me.

A majority of the car ride was surrounded by comfortable silence, apart from the short exchange between us and the cab driver.

Intertwining my fingers with Shawn I could feel the heat rising from his skin as his hand shook slightly in my hold.

As I looked over at him he was intensely staring out the cab window, biting down on his bottom lip as his other hand fiddled with his chin.

"Shawn?" I asked causing him to slowly turn his head round to look at me.

"Hmm?" He hummed, still biting on his lip as I began to furrow my eyebrows at him from how pale his face looked.

"Are you feeling okay? I questioned softly as I soothed my thumb along his knuckles.

"Yeah I'm fine, why?" Shawn immediately smiled, as if to cover up any possible sign of him not being okay.

"Because you hand is shaking so bad on you look really pale" I explained.

"I'm absolutely fine, my love" Shawn smiled with a small sigh.

He then lent down towards my face before pressing his soft lips against mine. I puckered my lips into the kiss before he then pulled away and gave me a bright smile.

I returned the smile before leaning my head against Shawn's shoulder as we continued the rest of the drive.

After another twenty minutes we had eventually reached the restaurant. As the cab pulled up Shawn reached into the pocket of his black jeans for his wallet, but at the same time I quickly pulled money out of my purse.

Reaching across the seats I held the money out for the driver to take and thankfully he did before Shawn could pass any money over.

"What are you doing?" Shawn sighed from behind me.

"You've already made it pretty clear that you're paying for dinner so I'll get the cab" I replied before saying thanks to the driver and opening up the cab door.

"I wanted tonight to be completely on me" Shawn groaned as he followed my actions and also got out of the car.

"Well now it's not so let's go inside and eat because I'm starving" I smiled over at Shawn who looked a little annoyed as he walked onto the path.

He then just stood there with his hands in his pockets, his big eyes beaming green today.

"Please don't be mad at me gorgeous" I sighed as I readjusted the strap of my purse.

"I'm not mad" he shook his head.

"Then let's go in and enjoy our night" I smiled, trying to cheer him up as I held out my hand for him to take.

Eventually he cracked a smile at me as he playfully rolled his eyes. He then reached out and took my hand, a small laugh radiating off his lips.

As he wrapped his hand round mine he stepped closer to me before leaning down and pecking a quick kiss on my lips.

"Let's go in" Shawn smiled against my lips.

I nodded in agreement before he led me into the restaurant, his hand gently tightening around mine.

-/

7:32pm

My laughing was uncontainable as Shawn sat there coughing, tears in his eyes as laughter also poured from his lips.