•Eighty-five•

Shawn
-x-

8th April 2020
9:42am

Walking through the front entrance of the hospital I then made my way towards the front desk where I was greeted by an older woman.

"Morning sir, how can I help you?" The woman asked as I tried to ignore her eyes blatantly checking me out head to toe.

"Morning" I gave her a tight smile, a little uncomfortable at the 'flirtatious' look she was giving me.

"I'm looking for my friend's room, he was bought in sometime yesterday afternoon"

"Name?" She asked before looking to computer, waiting to type in the name.

"Liam Rider" I replied as I rested my folded arms on the top of the counter.

She then typed a few things into the computer before turning her attention back onto me.

"Corridor D, room 12" she answered.

"Thankyou" I smiled, sending her a nod before going to walk off.

Before I could even leave I felt her hand move onto the top of my wrist. Raising my eyebrows I stopped before turning my head back to look at her.

"I get off at 12, wanna go for a drink once you've finished seeing your friend?" She asked, biting on her lip.

Letting an amused laugh I moved my wrist from her hold before shoving both my hands in my pocket.

"I'm engaged" I smiled as embarrassment washed over her face.

"Thanks anyway" I again chuckled before turning around and walking off.

I only laughed because she must have at least been in her forties while hitting on a 21-year-old.

Once finding corridor D I walked down it until I found room 12. Peering through the window in the door Liam was alone as he laid there staring out the window.

Letting out a deep breath I then opened the door and walked in before closing it behind me.

"Shawn?" Liam asked, confusion evident in his tone.

Turning round to look at him I rested my hands in my pockets as I remained standing there.

"I just came to make a few things clear" I explained, trying to keep myself calm.

"What?" Liam replied, furrowing his eyes at me as big dark bruises were blotched around his face.

"Firstly, you stay away from my family and I for good" I said, my body completely tense as I tried to not let my anger take over again.

"Shawn, come on, we can't seriously stop being best friends, I mean you're my brother" Liam sighed, desperation in his voice.

"Okay, well if you're my brother then you'll do one thing for me" I replied before going to end of his hospital bed and holding onto the frame.

"You really care about Elle and I" I asked.

"Of course" Liam nodded.

"Okay, if you care about us enough then-" I explained, feeling nothing but pure hate for Liam.

"You'll leave here and never come anyway near us again. You won't breath a word to anyone about how I put you in here and you'll go back to New York"

1 month later...

10th May 2020

11:12pm

The last month had been pure bliss. Elle and I had sunken into parenthood and with each day that passed we were falling more and more inlove with Halsten.

It's safe to say that I already want us to have another baby, but first thing first is getting married.

Elle and I were currently being shown around one of the possible venues for our wedding. We wanted the ceremony and party to be held at one place so our guests wouldn't have to travel.

Intertwining my fingers with Elle's we followed behind the lady showing us behind as we walked our way through the beautiful gardens of where we would be getting married.

"Here is where you would be getting married" the lady explained as we stopped at a white round pavillion which we would be saying our vows under.

"It's gorgeous" Elle starred in awe, admiring the pavilion and then looking behind her to see the aisle she would have to walk up.

"Ofcourse with flower arrangements and everything else it'll look even more beautiful" the lady added as Elle eagerly nodded.

Smiling down at how enthusiastic she was I then gave Elle's hand a light squeeze.

"You two have a little look around this bit and I'll give you a few minutes to decide what you think" the lady smiled before excusing herself and leaving us two.

"So what do you think?" Elle grinned as she led me up the few steps of the pavillion.

"I think it's perfect" I smiled warmly as I looked down at her.

"Really?" Elle asked, a big smile also on her face as she looked up at me.

"Yes really" I grinned before leaning down and kissing her lips.

"I think it's perfect too" Elle laughed, so giddy with excitement.

She then wrapped her arms around me, engulfing me in a hug. Wrapping my arms around her I couldn't stop smiling as I looked out at the view of where we would be getting married.

"I can't believe we're getting married" Elle breathed out as I rested my chin on the top of her head.

"Me neither" I lightly laughed.

"This time next year we'll be married" Elle smiled as she lifted her head up to look at me.

"You'll finally be Mrs Mendes" I grinned causing her to laugh a she moved her arms so they were hooked around my neck.

"Good luck" I joked, again a precious laugh falling from her lips.

"I wouldn't have it any other way" elle smiled widely before gently pulling my head down so my lips could meet hers.

It still hadn't sunk in that a year from now we'd be married. We'd be Mr and Mrs Mendes.

On the 1st of May I'll finally get everything I've ever wanted.

++++++
Here's another chapter for you! It's bittersweet for me to say that this book will be coming to an end soon, but I think after a year of writing Devoted it's time to end Elle and Shawn's chapter.

I plan for there to only be about five more chapters and an epilogue at the end. Thankyou everyone for sticking with me and reading this book! All of your support means the world!

Please let me know what you thought of this chapter and be sure to comment and vote!

💞