•Twenty-four•

Homesick by Dua Lipa
'Angels all over that watch over you'

FLASHBACK-
9TH AUGUST 2019 [00:46AM]

[Third Person]

As Kyle and Liam pushed through the crowd of screaming people they scanned their eyes everywhere for any sight of Shawn.

"Get to the bathroom, Eloise said he was in there!" Liam shouted desperately above the noise, deep down fearing for his bestfriend's life.

With each few steps another gun shot would follow, neither of them knowing who was the victim of each shot.

They were treading blood with each step, having to shift between bodies which were sprawled out across the ground. Liam and Kyle couldn't put a name to any of the faces, only because they refused to look down at the blood massacre beneath them.

"Shawn!" Kyle began shouting as Liam's wide eyes searched frantically around the room.

Not only was Liam searching for Shawn, but he was also searching for the shooter or shooters. He could only hear them, that's all anyone could hear. It was as if they were hidden.

"The toilets are over there, come on!" Kylie exclaimed before grabbing onto Liam's arm and tugging him straight towards the bathroom.

As Kyle forcefully pushed opened the bathroom door much to their amazement Shawn was just casually stood there washing his hands in the sink.

"Oh hey guys" Shawn smiled as he looked towards where his two shocked bestfriends stood.

"What the hell Shawn!" Liam widened his eyes before storming over to Shawn, Kyle locking the bathroom door behind them.

"What?" Shawn knitted his eyebrows together as he turned off the tap and began shaking his wet hands dry.

"Have you heard nothing while you've been in here?" Kyle gasped as he joined the two of them.

"I've heard screaming, good party right?" Shawn smirked proudly as his  gorgous dimples unknowingly pierced his cheeks for the last time.

"No Shawn, that's not why everyone's screaming" Liam's voice grew scared and angry as Shawn just stood there completely clueless.

"There's a shooter, he's shooting everyone out there who gets in his way" Kyle explained as Shawn's eyes immediately widened.

He felt his heart rate begin to increase rapidly as his skin immediately turned boiling. His lips were no longer aligned into a smile, but instead they were dropped into such a terrified expression.

Within the few seconds that passed for Shawn to process this information his thoughts were immediately taken over by Elle. Every muscle in him tightened at the thought of her being out there with the shooter.

"Elle! Is she okay?" Shawn panicked, clear fear screaming in his eyes.

"She's fine, she's out of the building" Liam answered causing Shawn to let out an enormous sigh of relief.

Even though the feeling of fear for Elle had left Shawn he was now taken over by a feeling of desire to see her. He desired and craved the feeling of her in his arms, he just needed to see and feel that she was okay.