•One•

Hold Me by Jamie Grace & TobyMac
'I love the way you hold me, by my side you'll always be'

4:15pm
1st August 2019

The constant laughter poured from my lips as Shawn held my legs around his waist. He was grinning like mad as he slightly dug his fingers into my sides, lightly tiggling my skin.

We were floating around the pool in our back garden, Shawn holding me as he kept us afloat with the strides of his legs. I had my arms wrapped around his neck as I gently scratched my fingers through the back of his hair.

"Is the water warm enough for you yet?" Shawn smirked as I squealed a little at the cold water hitting my bare stomach.

"Yes" I laughed, Shawn obviously knowing I was lieing.

He then threw me a devious smirk before holding onto my waist tightly. Before I could do anything Shawn pulled the two of us down until we were both completely submerged by the water.

My gasp to the coldness was muffled by the water as Shawn's laughter followed. Feeling him pull me back up I opened my eyes to see Shawn laughing hysterically as he let go of my waist.

"You're such a dick!" I cursed, undeniably laughing as I stood up on my feet and began wiping the water away from my eyes.

"But you love me so it's okay" Shawn grinned with a dorky smile, pushing his wet curls back with his fingers.

I just glared at him before pulling my wet hair to one side of my neck and squeezing the water out of it.

"Don't be mad at me Elle" Shawn frowned, his hazel eyes beaming at me with tease.

"Only people I love get to call me Elle" I shrugged, flipping my hair at him as I turned away and began walking to the otherside of the pool.

"Oh come on babe-" Shawn sighed, but I could tell he was grinning along as I smirked to myself at how easy it was to mess with him.

Before I could reach the edge of the pool I felt Shawn's arms snake around the front of my stomach before then pulling me back against his bare chest.

"Don't play with me" he whispered, his breath warm as he began placing soft kisses against the skin of my shoulder.

"You make it so easy" I smirked as I tilted my head to the side so he could have better access to my neck.

He smiled against my skin as he moved the kisses along my shoulder and to the side of my neck.

"I honestly love you more than anything" Shawn said between each soft kiss.

"I love you too" I laughed, every inch of me swarming with butterflies.

The love I had for him had never faded, it had only gotten stronger and warmer. Hearing him tell me he loves me still gives me all the same giddy feelings I had when he first ever said it to me.

"Let's go inside, the others will be here soon" Shawn said before pecking another quick kiss on the side of my wet cheek.

"What time are they even coming?" I asked as Shawn released me from his hold.

"I said from any time, five onwards" Shawn replied as I turned around to seem him walking over to the edge of the pool.

Ducking down into the water a little I paddled my way to edge of the pool as Shawn pushed himself out of the water, the muscles in his arms visible as he flexed them.