•Seventy-one•

Shawn
-x-

5th November 2019
11:02am

Tomorrow was Elle's birthday and today I was rushing around to get everything prepared in order to make her 21st as special as possible.

Thankfully Elle was out all day with her sister-in-law so I could go out on my own and get everything I needed without her seeing.

I had already made reservations for us to go to this big fancy restaurant in the city, and for during the day I've arranged for us to go to an elephant  sanctuary.

Right now I was at a balloon shop ordering twenty one single pink balloons for her to wake-up to follow.

"Who are all these balloons for?" The middle-aged women asked as she began blowing up the balloons on the helium canister.

"My girlfriend" I smiled, resting my hands in my front pockets.

"She's a very lucky lady" she commented, making me chuckle.

"I think I'm the lucky one" I grinned.

Eventually the lady blew up all the balloons and I was now trying to fit them all into the boot and back of my car. Finally managing to stuff them all in I shut the boot in the hope that none of them would burst.

Hoping back into the car I made my towards my next stop, barely being able to see out of my back window.

Safely getting to the flower shop I left my car before making my way inside and picking 50 red roses I already ordered. Paying for those I then put then on the passenger seat of the car.

Finishing up in town I then drove back home. Once home I picked up the bundle of balloons and the bouquet of roses before carrying them into the house. Hiding them in the garage, the one room Elle never went in, I then went into the house.

Once I finished getting all the last little bits sorted I decided to go upstairs and have a shower. After showering I got changed into some more comfortbale clothes.

Plunging down onto the bed I took out my phone to look at the time. It was already two in the afternoon and I had finished everything I needed to do. Now I just had to boredly wait on my own until Elle gets back home.

Deciding to get some jobs done around the house I got up before going downstairs to the laundry room. Seeing that a basket of dirty laundry had been left on the floor I loaded them into the washing machine.

Reaching up onto the shelf I went to grab some washing powder but as I did I knocked it off and it felt down the side of machine.

Letting out a frustrated groan I bent down before reaching behind the washing machine to find it. As I did I also felt a pair of trousers, Elle probably having knocked them off the side at some point.

Pulling both things out I then stood back up and placed the powder in the machine before turning it on.

Just as I was about to fold the trousers I felt something hard in on of the pocket. Pulling it out it was a small box.

Furrowing my eyebrows I places the trousers down before opening the box to see the brightest of rings.

It took me a few seconds to realise what it was but when I did I felt my eyes widen and my face soften.

It was an engagement ring, Elle's engagement ring. I don't remember ever proposing to her but these are my trousers so it was obvious that this ring was meant for her.

As I stood there holding the ring I heard the front door open, obviously meaning Elle was home. Quickly shoving the box into my front pocket I then shuffled out of the room to see Elle taking her shoes off in the hallway.

"Hey" she smiled warmly before making her way over towards where I was stood.

"Hey, how was the spa?" I asked as she wrapped her arms around the back of me.

"It was great, I feel so much better now" she replied as I smiled down at her.

Leaning down I pecked her sweet lips before leaning back up to see a fresh glow on her face.

"I've got to out for a little while, I realised I forgot to do something" I explained, tucking her hair behind her ears.

"Can I come with you?" She asked, giving me an intrigued look.

"It's for your birthday so I'm afraid not" I lightly laughed before holding her face inbetween both my hands and giving her a deeper kiss.

"Is it a surprise?" Elle laughed as my lips now moved along the side of her cheek, tiggling her skin.

"I guess you could say that" I chuckled, now sucking gently down her neck and onto her shoulder.

"Can you please get me some chocolate while you're out?" Elle requested, taking her soft hands to my face and lifting my head up so she could look at me.

"Of course" I grinned, kissing her once more before leaving the house.

Eloise
-x-

5:57pm

Turning the page of my book I had been reading I heard the front door open and close before a set of footsteps followed through to the living room.

Looking behind me Shawn was stood at the doorway holding a shopping bag.

"You were gone long" I said, marking my page and putting the book down.

"Yeah, town was really busy" Shawn sighed before walking further into the room and sitting opposite me on the sofa.

"I got you some bits though" Shawn smiled as I folded my legs underneath me.

Pulling the blanket further over me I watched as Shawn reached into the bag and firstly pulled out a box of chocolates.

"I got you your favourite, Guylian's" Shawn explained, passing me the box.

Smiling down at the box I then looked back at Shawn to see him pulling out something else.

"I also got you this. I mean, I don't know if you'll use it but I thought that it won't hurt to try"

Knitting my eyebrows in question Shawn then pulled out a breast pump. Almost instantly laughter poured from my lips as he scanned his eyes over the object.

"I don't know what it is or what it does, but it has a picture of a baby on the front so I thought I'd get it for you" Shawn sweetly said, so clueless as he handed me it.

"This is for breast milk" I laughed at Shawn, a dorky smile aligning along his lips.

"At least you can use it then" Shawn replied, his dimples marking his cheeks.

"Thankyou" I smiled, finding his small gestures so precious.

I then lent forward and held onto his shoulder before giving him a sweet kiss.

++++++
Here's another chapter for you all! What did you think?

Also I am nearly ready for this book to come to an end, I just need to figure out how I'm going to get to the end. I just don't want to rush and make the next chapters lazy. I'm trying to figure out how Shawn will remember!

Please comment and vote!
💕💖