•Eighty-four•

Shawn
-x-

7th April 2020
3:00pm

Staring down into the sink the water was red as I washed away the dried up blood on my skin. I almost felt nauseated to even see Liam's blood all over my hands.

Hearing footsteps enter the bathroom from behind me I glanced back to see Elle timidly stood in the doorway, fiddling with the ends of her cardigan sleeves.

We had barely said anything to each other since we got back home. The car ride home was utterly uncomfortable and I just think that neither of us have any words after what happened.

Looking away from her I then turned off the tap before grabbing the hand towel and drying my hands.

"Where is he?" Elle asked, her voice quiet and a little croaky.

Feeling my jaw lock I gradually turned around before leaning my back against the sink.

"What?" I mumbled, knowing for well what she was asking me.

"Where's Liam?" She repeated, her big sad blue eyes lifting to mine.

"At the hospital" I lightly shrugged, before throwing the towel onto the dirty washing pile.

Elle just meekly nodded before looking away from me and down to the floor.

Letting out a soft sigh I then walked over to ber before gently cupping her face in my hands. Tipping her chin up to look at me I stared deeply into her hazy eyes.

"Everything is going to be fine, I promise" I hushed before leaning down and placing a soft kiss against her plump lips.

Feeling Elle's hand go to my chest she held onto my shirt with her delicate fingers.

"Take your shirt off, it's covered in blood" Elle whispered as she looked down at my chest.

Stepping back a little I then pulled my shirt over my head before chucking it behind me. Moving closer to Elle he hands immediately went to my warm chest as I felt my heart pound beneath my chest.

Watching Elle's eyes I could see the lust grow in them as she moved her fingers along my skin.

Reaching my hand up to the back of her neck I held my thumb on the side of her face before moving her back so she was against the wall.

"Shawn?" Elle whispered, just as I lent forward to connect my lips with hers.

"I can't do this, not right now" Elle mumbled, her hands falling from my chest.

Furrowing my eyebrows at her she then slipped pass me, sending a stinging feeling through my body. As she left the bathroom I followed her out before standing there in confusion of what that was all about.

Watching her she went over to Halsten's crib before lifting him out, him obviously having finished his nap.

"Hello, baby" Elle soothed, her voice so delicate as she spoke to Halsten.

Watching her she looked so content with Halsten in her arms, but still I could see she was swarmed with so much sadness.

"Are you mad at me?" I sighed as she bought her eyes up to look at me before gently shaking her head.

"No" she mumbled as she moved her hand up and down Halsten's back.

"I'm just still in a little shock I guess"

"I know you are, and so am I" I softly replied before going over to her.

"I just think you went too far Shawn" Elle sadly sighed as my hand went to her waist.

"But he was following you Elle" I frowned.

"I know, but you nearly knocked him out" Elle explained, her soft eyes hanging onto mine.

"And I'm sorry for doing that in front of you but I am not sorry for what I did to him" I responded, feeling my tone change and become more firm.

I then watched as Elle dropped her face from mine and broke down into tears.

"Elle?" I questioned, feeling my face soften as turned away from me and took a few steps forward.

"It's like I don't even know you anymore Shawn" Elle's voice cracked between words.

"What?" I almost gasped, not understanding what she meant.

Turning around she had the most heart wrenching look on her face as her eyes swelled up with tears.

"You use to never dream of laying a finger on anyone" Elle delicately shook her head, her cheeks swollen and red.

"I had to do that Elle, I had no choice" I insisted, narrowing my eyes at her.

"But you did Shawn" her voice broke with so much ache as her eyes threatened to look at me.

"The old Shawn would never have done something like this, not to his best friend, not to anyone"

"I'm still the same Shawn, what are you even talking about?" I gasped, scrunching my face up.

"I don't know what's gotten into you Shawn but-" Elle tried to speak but I could feel myself getting so annoyed that I cut her off.

"But what?" I snapped.

"I now have a family I have to look after and protect? I'm sorry if you don't like what I did to Liam, okay? But I'm not sorry that I did what I needed to do to protect my fianceé and my son!"

Elle just stared at me with wide and glossy eyes as tears continued to stroll down her soft cheeks.

She then squeezed her eyes tightly shut, cradling the back of Halsten's head with her hand, before turning away from me.

"Elle" I sighed, feeling my heart sink.

"Don't, Shawn" Elle whispered.

"I love you so much Elle and there's nothing I wouldn't do for you" I said with so much warmth, my heart shattering with each cry that left her lips.

"Just please don't be mad at me, I can't take it" I sighed, letting out a shaky deep breath.

Thankfully Elle eventually turned around, her puffy eyes now open to look at me.

"I love you too much to let anything get it the way of us" I soothed as I moved towards her and cupped her face in my hands.

"I love you too" Elle whispered, her words like a poem, as I gently used my thumbs to wipe away her tears.

Staring down at her plump lips I then lent forward before placing a sweet kiss against them.

"Shawn?" Elle meekly asked as she parted from the kiss.

"Hmm?" I hummed, keeping my face close to hers.

"We're going to be okay, aren't we?" Elle softly said as I moved loose strands of hair behind her ear.

"Always"

++++++
Okay so here's a new chapter for you guys! Sorry it took me so long to get it up!

Also have any of you guys watched season 2 of YOU. I loved it so much and I'm still truly shocked about every plot twist in the show, specifically in regards to episode 9! But I do have to say that it got a bit far fetched in episode 8, I mean Joe Goldberg on acid? Really? Anyway let me know what you thought about the series!

Also please don't forget to comment and vote on your thoughts for this chapter!
💞