•Seventy-two•

Eloise
-x-

6th November 2019
9:21am

As my eyes adjusted to the light from outside my nose was immediately filled the smell of bacon.

Rubbing my hand over my face I then looked to my right to see an empty indetention of where Shawn had been laying.

Sitting up I let out a loud yawn before pushing my hair behind my shoulders as I aimlessly wondered my eyes around the room.

Just as my eyes fell down to my bedside table I saw a card rested on top with my name written across it.

Picking it up I then readjusted the pillows behind me before leaning back.

Opening the envelope I then pulled the card before looking at the design on the front. It was a personalised card with a picture of Shawn and I hugging at our gender reveal party.

Smiling down at the photo I then opened the card to see a long hand written message.

To Elle,

Happy Birthday, my love. Today's your 21st and I feel so lucky to be spending it with you. I know how hard the last few months have been for you and to make it all up to you I'm going to make your special day as special as I can.

You are an incredible women and I adore everything about you. I don't know what I would have done without having you by my side. Thankyou for your patience with me, thankyou for always staying devoted to me and thankyou for continuing to love me endlessly. I promise you that I'll spend forever making sure you feel just as loved as you've made me feel these past few months. You've made me a better man. You've made me feel the happiest I've ever been.

I love you more, forever and always,

Love Shawn X

P.s hurry up and get down stairs, I wanna start your birthday celebrations already Xx

It's impossible to explain how big my smile was right now. I felt so giddy and just from reading this letter my stomach was already swarming with butterflies. To have the person you're inlove with confess all their feelings for you is truly a feeling like no other.

Placing down the card on my table side I then pushed the covers off my body before swinging my legs off the side of the bed and getting up.

Bending down to the floor I picked up my dressing gown before slipping it onto my body and tieing it around me. Going into the bathroom I then quickly slashed some cold water onto my face before making my way downstairs to find Shawn.

Following the delicious smells I made my way into the kitchen to see Shawn's bare back faced away from me as he stood infront of the oven.

Biting down on my bottom lip to stop my smile from getting any bigger I then lent against the door frame, admiring him from behind.

Seeing as Shawn was still yet to turn around I made my way over to him before wrapping my arms around him from behind.

Leaning the side of my face against Shawn's warm back I heard a light laugh fall from his lips.

"Good morning" Shawn grinned as I picked my head up to look up at him.

"Morning" I returned a smile as he twisted his body round so he was now facing me.