•Fourty-three•

Shawn
-x-

10:58am
21st August 2019

"This is the award your got from your last basketball game in college. You won player of the season" Elle smiled as she handed an another object from out the bag, hopefully this being the one which could trigger my memories.

Holding the award in my hands I looked down to see my name engraved in the plaque as 'player of the season'.

"You cried when you got that" Elle laughed lightly as I smiled down at the award, trying to hide how much sadness this was filling me with.

"Did I?" I also laughed.

"Yeah, I think you were just overwhelmed at how you had finally finished playing basketball" Elle explained as I nodded along, sadly remembering nothing about this particular season of basketball.

"What else you got?" I sighed before placing the award down next to me.

Elle then reached back into the bad before pulling out another thing.

Holding my hands out ready Elle placed a dead red rose into my hand, a strap also being attached onto it.

"This is the coursage you gave me at the college summer ball" Elle explained as I brushed my fingers over the top of the dried petals, trying as hard as I could to think back to that night.

"Do you have a picture of us at the ball?" I softly asked.

"Ofcourse" Elle replied before reaching back into the bag.

Elle then pulled out a photo and instantly I felt my heart skip. Elle looked beautiful. Absolutely stunning.

I looked so happy.

My grin was so wide in the photo as Elle and I stared right at eachother. She had her hand at my chest, holding onto my white shirt.

I was wearing a black tux with a red bowtie, a red rose pinned onto the side of my blazer. As for Elle, she looked gorgeous. She wore a slim fitted glittery red dress, one which was tightly fitted to her whole body until falling loose at her feet. Her dark hair just fell so effortlessly down her back as my hand held onto her

"Wow" I sighed before leaning forward and resting my chin on my hand.

"Still don't remember anything?" Elle softly asked.

"No, not anything at all. I'm so sorry" I said sadly before looking back at her with apologetic eyes.

"Don't apologise Shawn, this isn't your fault. It'll just take some time, that's all" Elle comforted as she lent forward and wrapped her arms around me from behind resting her chin on my shoulder.

"I just wish all my memories would come back already. I hate not knowing anything" I sighed out in aggravation.

"And it'll will, I promise" Elle said as I gently held onto her hands which rested on my chest.

"Don't make promises you can't keep Elle" I mumbled.

"I do promise you Shawn because I believe that you will get your memory back, no matter how long it takes" Elle reassured me as I just stared forward, nearly all of me not believing her.

"Okay" I simply nodded, not wanting to ruin her hopes.

Eloise
-x-

3:32pm

"Do you reckon Beck is alive?" Shawn asked, the two of us just having binged watched the tv series YOU.