•Sixty-two•

Shawn
-x-

12:16pm
24th September 2019

Sitting across from Elle I couldn't help but gaze at every inch of her. She was mindlessly looking off around the cafe, sucking on the straw of her milkshake.

She was so god damn beautiful. Ftom the way her silky hair fell so perfectly down her frame to the way her big blue eyes brightened up her faultless smile.

I just stared at her in so much awe as her spare hand went to her belly, slowly rubbing up and down her bump.

"I wonder where the girls have gotten off to" Elle pointed out, bringing my eyes up to her face as she turned to me.

I'm not sure if she caught me staring, but thankfully she didn't mention it if she did.

"Probably scoping out some hot single dad" I joked.

Elle laughed back at me, making a big smile spread across my face.

"How was your food?" Elle asked as I glanced down at my now empty plate, which about fifteen minutes ago was filled with a pizza.

"It was good" I smiled, patting both of my hands on my stomach.

"However, now I think I'm the pregnant one"

Laughter radiated from Elle's lips as she lent forward to look at my stomach, which I was purposely puffing out to make it look like I had a food baby.

"Yeah, you could easily be thirty weeks pregnant right there" Elle joked causing me to smirk as I rose my eyebrows at her in amusement.

"I reckon I'll look better pregnant then you do" I messed as Elle gasped at me, only making me laugh even more.

"In your dreams Mendes, nothing is more hot then a pregnant woman carrying your baby" Elle teased as she began standing up, putting her bag over her shoulder.

Biting my bottom lip I stiffled a short low chuckle as my eyes followed up her body and to her face. I mean, she wasn't wrong about that.

"Right, I'm going to the bathroom. I'll be back in a sec" Elle smiled before leaving the table.

Leaning forward rested my joint fists on the table as I watched Elle walk away. For some reason I couldn't stop smiling. Even with this heart aching feeling of not getting to call her mine anymore, I still felt a great amount of warmth for getting to share these kind of moments with her.

-x-

A week later...

9:23am
1st October 2019

In the last week all I've been doing is working out and playing basketball. I was trying to build my strength back up again and also trying to take my mind off the breakup.

I hadn't seen Elle all week, let alone spoken to her. This time of not speaking to eachother was probably benefiting both of us. It was giving me the chance to find my passion again, and giving her the time to heal.

As of right now I was making myself breakfast, having just finished another intense workout at the gym.

Cracking three eggs into the saucepan I then poured in the rest of the ingredients for scrambled egg.