•Fifty•

Shawn
-x-

9:32am
18th September 2019

"All she knows is a life with you, and all she ever wants is to protect you. I just think that she is scared at the possibility that, one day, you may leave her because you were never able to fall inlove with her again"

I could feel my whole face and body soften as I let his words set in. As much as I hate to admit it, Liam was right.

Not once had I taken the time to consider Elle's feelings in all of this and how this was affecting her. I had been so focused on my feelings regarding the situation and remembering her that I hadn't once stopped to think about how hard this was Elle.

Ofcourse this was just as hard for her as it was for me. I just had been to careless and self-absorbed to even realise that.

"Where is Elle?" I mumbled, shamefully looking down at the counter for how insensitive I had been.

"She's back at mine" Liam replied.

I'd be lying if I didn't say that it annoyed me that she went straight to Liam's after our argument.

"She's been waiting for you to call her all morning"

"I just feel betrayed, that's why I got so angry at her" I sadly said as I let out a loud deep breath.

"And I understand why you feel that way, you have all right to" Liam sighed as i looked over at his serious expression.

"However, you do not have the right to treat her in the way you did or exclude her feelings in all this"

"I know, and I feel terrible for it" I mumbled, angry at myself for my lack of care for what it must be like to be in her shoes right now.

"Just talk to her. I'll be honest, I think you need her more than she needs you" Liam explained, and for that he wasn't wrong.

I needed Elle more than anything I've ever needed in my life. I didn't know what it was about her that I needed, but I knew that it was her. Even though I may not love her, I still have this indescribable amount of care and value for her. My actions may not have shown it but I truly do care about her pain and her being nothing but happy in life.

Eloise
-x-

11:00am

I had just finished up in the shower and I was now sitting on the bed in Liam's spare room. I had changed into a pair of Heidi's shorts and one of Liam's old hoodies.

"How you feeling?" Heidi gently smiled as she walked into the room holding each of us a mug of hot chocolate.

"Okay, I guess" I weakly shrugged, that not being the truth but being the easiest answer to give.

"I would really try not to worry hun" Heidi sighed with a sympathetic smile before sitting next to me and handing me my drink.

"How can I not worry? I mean my boyfriend just kicked me out of our house" I said, full of sad bitterness as I tapped my nails along the sides of the mug.

"He was just angry Eloise, it was all in the heat of the moment" Heidi comforted, wrapping her arm around me.

"This isn't the end for you and Shawn, I don't think anything could ever tare  you two apart" Heidi consoled while I let out an anxious deep breath.

Before I had the chance to try and question her point there was a faint knock from behind us. Looking behind me Shawn was stood in the doorway.