•Fifty-nine•

Eloise
-x-

4:21pm
23rd September 2019

As soon as I left work the big fake smile fell from my lips. Every inch of me felt completely drained and my head was absolutely frazzled from the constant overwhelming thoughts of Shawn.

It still hadn't sunk in that we were over, especially when I'm the one who ended it.

Reaching my car I unlocked the door before hopping into my seat and pulling the door closed behind me.

Letting out an exhausted sigh I lent my forehead onto the steering wheel. Closing my eyes I allowed myself some time to collect my thoughts and give myself a breather.

I was physically unable to cry anymore, that having been the only thing I've done since the breakup. My throat felt so sore as I swallowed an all to familiar lump in my throat. Opening my eyes I then sat back up in my chair, letting out a loud sigh as I gazed lazily out the front window.

As I watched out the window I noticed three guys walking out of the petrol station. They were all in shorts and vests, one of them with a basketball under their arm while the other two drunk from their slushies.

Narrowing my eyes at the three boys I felt my heart sink as I realised that amongst them stood Shawn, the other two of them being Liam and Kyle.

Shawn would now and again have a small smile rise onto his lips when the other two laughed, but each time it would quickly fall short.

I could see the sadness so clearly on his face as he now clutched the basketball to his chest, the three of them deciding to sit down on the curb infront of the petrol station.

Kyle and Liam were all jokes and laughed as they sat. I could tell Shawn was trying his best to be happy and laugh along, but it was so evident to me how much he was struggling to keep up this act.

To add to this, I'm also a little confused to see Shawn with Liam. I thought that Shawn hated his guts, but now he's okay with being in his company. It's not like I have a right to question what Shawn does anyway. I mean, Shawn forgave me and I'm the one who broke up with him.

Deciding it was probably best to leave now before they get the chance to notice me I plugged myself in before starting up the car. However, as soon as I started up the car the petrol light cane on.

"Shit" I groaned, my tank being so low that I would have to fill up at the petrol station across from me.

Rolling my eyes I drove out of my parking space before driving onto the road for like four seconds and turning into the petrol station. Pulling up to the nearest petrol pump I hesitantly unplugged myself, watching out the window to see that the boys were yet to notice me.

Getting out of my car I grabbed my bag before looking it over my shoulder. Pushing the car door shut it was loud enough to catch the attention of all three of them, Liam, Kyle and Shawn. I could feel their eyes on me, so instead I tried my best to ignore them and went over to the pump.

Unscrewing the cap off my car I then grabbed the petrol pump before starting to fill up my car. As I stood there I could hear footsteps dart in my direction, getting louder as they got nearer to me.

"Hey, Eloise" it was Liam as he came up the side of me.

"What do you want Liam?"I mumbled, refusing to look up at him as I stared up at the screen.

"I just wanted to see if you were okay" he replied as I eventually looked at him.

"I'm fine" I sighed, not wanting to talk about it.