•Fourty-seven•

Eloise
-x-

7:37pm
17th September 2019

I had been at Liam's for the past half-hour just trying to calm him down. He had explained to me how Heidi had a job offer in New York and wanted to take it. Liam, however didn't want to move and that's when everything resulted a big argument.

Liam said that Heidi walked out of the house after shouting that maybe they should both just go their separate ways.

"Why don't you want to move to New York? It could be really good for the two of you" I asked as we sat across from eachother at the kitchen table.

"I just enjoy living here so much and I have a good job with good friends around me. Plus Shawn's here and I can't leave him after all of this" Liam sighed.

"Shawn would be happy for you, sure he'd miss you but if it's what you want then he'd be thrilled" I insisted with a genuine smile as I held his hand from across the table.

"But I don't know if it is what I want. I mean I love Heidi more than anything and I don't ever want to be without her but I want to be there in this house with her" Liam explained, his voice full of confliction.

"You have to think about what Heidi wants too, sometimes you have to make sacrifices for the people you love" I responded, my smile turning sad as I thought back to having left Shawn all alone on our date.

"I guess" Liam softly shrugged.

"I don't think she's done with you Liam, she probably just needs space and will be home soon" I comforted.

"I hope so" Liam sadly replied as he looked down at the counter.

As if by a coincidence we then heard the front door open, followed by Heidi walking into the kitchen.

"Oh hi Eloise" Heidi gave me a small smile before looking over at Liam.

She also looked like she had been crying.

"Heidi, I'm so sorry about how I reacted" Liam quickly apologised before rushing over to her and engulfing her in a warm tight hug.

"Me too, I should have listened to you" Heidi responded but Liam shook his head.

"No, I should have listened to what you wanted. If you want to move to New York then we'll move to New York" Liam smiled down at her, as I sat with a big smile at how sweet they both were with eachother.

"What? Really?" Heidi gasped.

"I'll go wherever you go" Liam smiled before leaning down and kissing her.

I quietly excused myself so I could give them time to themselves. Slipping my shoes back on I quietly opened the front door before leaving and heading back out to the car.

They've made up with eachother, and now it's time for me to make up with Shawn.

Shawn
-x-

8:01pm

Thankfully my dad wasn't busy tonight so he had given me a lift home, considering where the date was, was way too far for me too walk home.

I was still beyond annoyed at Elle for how she just up and left. I had put so much thought into our date and I had planned for it to be so special but that meant nothing to her.

All she cared about was rushing over to Liam's, without taking any time to consider how I felt.

As soon as I got home I got into the shower and allowed the hot water to steam against my skin so I could try and calm myself down.

It worked a little but still all I could think about was how careless Elle was towards me back there. How's this ever going to work if we can't even get through our first date?

Once finishing up in the shower I looked at my phone to see that she hadn't even called or texted me once, which ofcourse wound me a little more.

After drying myself off I put on a black hoodie before putting on a pair of grey sweats.

Hanging my towl infront of the radiator in my bedroom I then sat down on the bed before boredly scrolling through my phone, just waiting for Elle to arrive home.

Finding nothing particularly interesting to look at on my phone I scanned my eyes down to Elle's beside table.

Seeing that she had a book left on it I decided to pick it up and have a little look at what it was about, just trying to fill the time.

Looking at the blurb it was some romance novel which I didn't particularly have any interest in reading. Throwing the book back onto the table it completely missed and landed with a thud on the floor.

Letting out a groan I got off the bed before kneeling down on the floor. The book had landed face down with it's spine spread out. Picking it up off the floor I noticed a white piece of card had fallen out under it.

Placing the book back onto the side I furrowed my eyebrows as I picked up the card to see what it was.

Turning it over I screwed my eyebrows up together even more in confusion. On the card was a black and white photo of what seemed to look like the shape of a baby's body.

Brushing my thumb over the top of the photo I could tell it was a sonogram from the way it felt. Narrowing my eyes even more I looked above the scan to see a piece of small writing.

There were a bunch of mixed up letters and numbers but what came after made my whole body freeze, my eyes widen and my heart feel like it was in my throat. There typed, in capital letters, was Eloise Jackson.

I could then hear the sound of a car pull up out the front. I couldn't move as I sat there waiting for Elle to come in. Soon the front door opened, shortly followed by footsteps leading up the stairs.

"Shawn?" Elle softly called my name as I felt her presence in the room.

Slowly turning my head round I felt my jaw lock as I looked at her. Holding the the scan up in my hand I watched her whole face drop.

"Is there something you wanna tell me?"

++++++
So he now knows about the baby! How do you think Shawn will react?
Please comment and vote!
💕💖