•Seventy-six•

Shawn
-x-

26th March 2020

1:23pm

Walking back into the hospital room I held a cup of ice in my hand for Elle.

Looking towards Elle she was laughing a little as Liam stood beside her, still holding her hand, with a smile.

"I'm back" I announced, bringing Elle's attention to me.

As Elle softly smiled at me I made my way over towards her before leaning down and pressing a light kiss to her lips.

"I bought you a cup of ice" I explained  as I handed it to Elle.

"Thank you" She replied, as I took her hand.

Flicking my eyes up at Liam he eventually let go of Elle's hand before going over to sit down on chair beside her bed.

"What have you guys been talking about?" I asked as Elle turned to look at Liam.

"Well, Heidi and I broke up" Liam sighed, a bit hesitant to say anything.

"You're kidding? Why didn't you say anything before?" I gasped, not expecting this to happen at all.

"I don't know" Liam shrugged, leaning on his hand.

"I told him he's welcome to stay with us" Elle explained as I looked down at her exhausted face.

"Yeah, ofcourse" I agreed, not actually thrilled with the idea if I'm totally honest.

I mean I love Liam alot and yeah he's my bestfriend, but I just wanted it to be Elle and I when the baby comes. I didn't like the idea of having another person living with us while we're raising a baby.

Out of nowhere Elle again started having a severe contraction again as she clenched so tightly onto my hand.

"Shawn" Elle breathed out my name repeatedly as she bit down on her lips so try and suppress the pain.

"I'm here, it's okay" I soothed.

"How is her squeezing your hand not hurting?" Liam asked, rolling his eyes as I stood their.

"Oh it is, I just have a higher pain threshold then you" I replied, Elle eventually calming down.

"You wouldn't have such a high pain threshold if you had to give birth" Elle groaned through gritted teeth as she laid her head back.

"She's right" Liam laughed as I sent his a slight glare.

"I don't know what you're laughing at, Shawn would be better at giving birth then you" Elle explained, laying there with her eyes shut as she took in deep breaths.

Not being able to help myself, I erupted into laughter as looked over at Liam to see him sat there so unimpressed.

A few seconds later the doctor finally came back to check on Elle.

"How's the mother doing?" He politely  asked as he came next to me to see her.

"Can I give birth yet?" Elle asked, clearly in agony.

"I just need to check how far along you are and then we'll see" the script replied before going to the end of the bed.

"Hey, Liam, can you please leave the room for a sec?" I asked, looking over at him.

"Ofcourse" Liam nodded before getting up and leaving.

As the doctor checked how many centimetres Elle was dilated I focused my attention on her beautiful face as she opened her eyes to look at me.

"You're doing so well" I comforted, gently pushing her hair behind her ears before dabbing away any sweat on her forehead with my sleeve.

"Is the baby ready yet?" I then asked, glancing over at the doctor.

"It looks like it's time" the doctor smiled as he stood up and took his gloves off.

Feeling a big smile tug at my lips I looked back down at Elle. She looked relieved, but so nervous as her wide eyes stared up at me.

"We're about to have a baby" I grinned, leaning close to her face.

Thankfully this made Elle smile as her blue eyes stared straight into mine.

"You ready?"

"I think so" Elle softly smiled.

"I love you" I whispered as I pressed a sweet kiss against her lips.

"I love you more"

-x-

3:08pm

The labour was long and painful, but after less than two hours our baby boy was finally bought into the world. As I stood beside Elle, her gripping onto my hand, I could hear the cries of our new born.

Immediately I felt my eyes swell up with tears as I helplessly smiled at the sound.

"Is he okay?" Elle cried out, in uncontrollable tears as her whole face   dripped in sweat.

"He's absolutely fine" the doctor replied as she lifted him up into his arms.

I could feel myself in awe as I watched my crying baby being whisked away to one of the nurses.

"Where's he going?" Elle worried, trying to lift her head up.

"Hey, they're just cleaning him up abit" I soothed, reaching down to hold Elle's face.

"You did amazing" I smiled, still in tears as Elle gave me a tired grin.

Leaning down and placing a passionate kiss against her lips I eventually leaned back up to see the nurse walking towards Elle, our baby now wrapped up in a white blanket.

"Here's your baby boy" the nurse smiled as she carefully placed him against Elle's chest, her immediately cradling him in her arms.

I could almost feel my jaw drop as stared down at our baby's face. He was so gorgous and small.

"He's perfect" Elle whispered.

"He is" I gushed, feeling a new type of love I had never felt before.

"He's even got your hair" Elle lightly laughed, making me grin as I lent down and rested my head against the side of hers.

It was true. He had dark hair, and alot of it for a baby. He hadn't opened his eyes yet, but I hope he's got eyes just as beautiful as Elle's.

Reaching down I gently held our baby's hand, lightly shaking it. I then felt my heart burst as his small fingers wrapped around my index finger.

"He loves you already" Elle soothed, making me smile even wider that my cheeks hurt.

"He's so precious. I can't stop looking at him" I laughed softly, taking my other hand and wiping the tears away from my eyes.

"Thankyou" Elle hummed as she turned her head to look up at me.

"For what?" I smiled.

"For everything"

++++++
Here's another chapter for you all! They've finally had the baby!
The baby's name will be revealed in the next chapter!
Please let me know what you think!
Please comment and vote!
💕💖