•Seventy-nine•

Eloise
-x-

A few days later...

2nd April 2020
3:42pm

I just arrived home after going on a much needed spa day with Karen and Aaliyah. Opening the front door I went into the house to hear nothing but a peaceful silence.

Closing the door behind me I slipped my coat off before hanging on the wall.

"Shawn, I'm home!" I called out but there was no response.

Once slipping off my boots I peered into the kitchen to see no Shawn before going to look in the living room.

Walking into the living room I blissfully smiled as I glanced over at the sofa to see Shawn fast asleep on his back with Halsten also fast sleep on his chest.

Shawn had his large hand cradling Halsten's back while his other hand rested above his head.

Walking over to the pair of them I crouched down infront of the sofa before gently moving my finger down the side of Halsten's face. I could feel my heart physically ache at how much I loved him.

Placing a gentle kiss to Halsten's head I then looked over at Shawn. His plump lips were slightly parted his curly hair sprawled out in different directions.

Taking my fingers through his hair Shawn let out a soft groan at my touch.

"I love you two so much" I whispered before holding the side of Shawn's face and reaching forward to kiss his lips.

Standing back up I then left the living room before going upstairs to get changed. On the way to my bedroom I walked pass Liam's room to see him sat on the floor watching his phone intently.

"Is everything okay?" I asked, going over to stand in his doorway.

Turning to look at me Liam just sighed before dropping his phone onto the floor.

"I'm waiting for a phone call from Heidi. She texted me this morning saying we needed to discuss selling the house" Liam explained, his eyes full of sadness as he sat there.

"So you two breaking up is really it then?" I sighed, going into his bedroom and sitting beside him.

"Yeah, I suppose it is" Liam replied, letting out an unsteady breath as his hands rested between his knees.

"I just thought that we'd get back together you know. I mean we've been together since college"

"Some things just don't work out Liam" I soothed, placing my hand on he back in comfort.

"I just don't get it" Liam said, his voice cracking.

"You and Shawn have been together since college too and you two are still together. I mean you're engaged and you've just had a baby. Why can't Heidi and I have that?"

Resting my head on the side of Liam's arm I lightly squeezed his arm as my other hand moved up and down his back.

"I guess I just envy what you two have sometimes" Liam shrugged.