•Two•

Life is Better With You by Michael Franti
'With all the words we've ever said.
My favorites remain, "I love you."

1:05am
2nd August 2019

Rubbing a makeup wipe over my face I tiredly slumped down onto the bed, now only in my underwear and one of Shawn's plain tops.

I could hear Shawn whistling some random melody from the stairs, instantly making me smile to myself.

My smile was soon replace with uncontrollable laughter as I heard a loud scream come from the hallway, which was then followed my a loud thud.

"Shit, shit, shit" Shawn cursed multiple times before I saw him sprint into our room and straight into our onsuit bathroom.

"What happened?" I laughed, removing the wipe from my face.

"I fucking spilt the tea everywhere" Shawn panicked as he shot back out of the room, taking a loose roll of toilet paper with him.

I remained in laughter as I stood up from the bed and followed him out to the hallway.

Reaching the hallway Shawn was already knelt on the floor, quickly dabbing ripped pieces of toilet paper along the tea covered areas of the carpet.

"How the hell did you spill it everywhere?" I laughed as Shawn struggled to clean everything up, cursing at himself.

"There was a big spider and-" before he could finish I bursted out into a fit of laughter, my cheeks starting to hurt and my stomach turning over in pain.

"You find that funny, eh?" Shawn smirked as he looked up at me, beginning to stand up as he dropped the tissue onto the floor.

"Nope" I shook my head, trying to hold in my laughter but failing miserably.

"Good, because the spider is right behind you" Shawn smiled smugly as he folded his arms across his chest.

"Whatever, as if I'm going to fall for that" I rolled my eyes before turning my head to look at where he was gesturing to.

But he wasn't lieing, in fact there was a massive spider beside my head on the wall.

"Oh my god" I squealed, externally cringing at the spider as I ran back into our bedroom.

Shawn followed behind me with a loud chuckle as I got back into bed, this time pulling the covers over my body.

"Aren't you going to get rid of it?" I shouted, widening my eyes at him as he walked into the room in amusement before shutting the door behind him.

"No" he laughed before stripping down until he was only left in his boxers.

"Why?" I groaned as I sunk my head back into the pillow.

"Because, to be honest, it scares the shit out of me" Shawn laughed lightly, causing me to follow as his weight dipped down onto the bed.

Turning my head to look at Shawn he scooted himself over so he was sat next to me. As he reached towards my face I noticed how he had the wipe I had been using in his hand. He then softly began wiping the makeup away from my face, instantly making me smile warmly at him.

He returned a dorky smile before telling me to close my eyes so he could get rid of my mascara.

"I love it when you do this for me" I smiled, my eyes still closed.

"I know you do" Shawn laughed before finishing my eyes.

I then opened my eyes to see his big eyes staring down at me, a bright smile to go with it.