•Fifty-three•

Shawn
-x-

12:19pm
20th September 2019

All I had done for the past two days was cry, eat and sleep. I was beyond exhausted and emotionally drained that I didn't even know what to do with myself anymore.

As of right now all I was doing was sitting on the child's swing set my parents still had put up in the back garden from when I was younger.

Holding my feet on the ground I slowly moving myself back and fourth, boredly staring out across the garden in thought.

For the last couple of days I have constantly been processing what my dad told me. Part of me thinks he's right and that I should listen to him, while the other part tells me that Elle needs me. All that's clear to me right now is that, no matter what I do decide, I will make sure I'm in my baby's life.

To take me out of my thoughts I heard my mum calling my name from the conservatory doors.

"There's pancakes and fruit on the table if you're hungry" mum gave me a sympathic smile.

"I'll be in in a second" I returned a small fake smile.

I still hadn't told my mum what had happened, I would just say that I wasn't ready to talk about it.

I will tell her at some point, but for now I need some time to myself to let this all sink in.

Getting up from the swing I walked my way back inside before going into the kitchen. My parents and sister were already sat around the table with their food ready, waiting for me before they start.

Sitting down I plated myself up some pancakes before adding some toppings on top. As I did I could feel all of their eyes watching me intently.

Lifting my eyes up I rose my eyebrows in question as to why they were watching me.

"What?" I asked, picking up my knife and fork to cut into my pancakes.

"Aaliyah saw the scan in your desk" mum breathed out as if she'd been holding it in.

I immediately widened my eyes before glaring at Aaliyah for having gone in my room. Dropping my cutlery back down I lent back before folding my arms across my chest.

"Is Eloise pregnant?" Aaliyah asked rather eagerly.

"Yeah, she is" I sighed, instantly making my mum gasp.

"Oh my god Shawn, that's great news" my mum beamed before rushing over to me and crashing a hug around me.

I couldn't help but lightly laugh as I hugged her back.

"Are you excited?" She asked as we parted from the hug, her going back to her chair.

"I guess" I shrugged.

The conversation then led on to me explaining why I had moved out of the house. Ofcourse, I again left out the part out about Liam. My mum was very understanding about the whole thing and understood completely why I decided to move out.

"How did things go when you saw her this morning?" Mum asked.

"I didn't really say much to her. To be honest I gave her the cold shoulder, and now I just feel bad" I sighed before shoving another piece of pancake into my mouth.