Chapter 9 - Uncovered.

Azalea's Point of View.

I sat in my room going over what Mr Hensus had said. About there being a shooting in the mall. So to make sense of it all, I replayed the whole thing in my head over and over again. Apperently a few years ago there had been a shooting in the mall where I was abandoned, but now that I think about it, maybe it that was a way to save my life, not abondon me. Who ever my parents were, and where ever they were, they were trying to save my life, not abondon me. But than what about the amnesia, how did so many kids end up with amnesia?

"Azalea," I recognised Laura Bunsen's voice, she knocked on my room door than entered, not waiting for an answer, she quickly closed the door behind her, her eyes looking frantic and a bit frightened.

"Is everything ok?"

"Yes, but I'm doing some thing I probably shouldn't. You can't speak of this to a single soul you hear me?" She said quietly.

I nodded. She took a file out of her little hand bag and than sat next to me on the bed.

"This is a file of a girl missing the day the shoot out took place," She said, not opening the file yet. "They think this girl is you, but they won't do anything unless your parents come and ask for you again, which is what has happened to most of the kids here, but the thing is, these children have been missing for so long, their parents think they are already dead and have given up the search for them."

"Wait, so they aren't even telling our parents they found us? How will we get reunited with them? You mean to say we could be living here forever?"

"Technically, yes. But of course there's a reason behind it,"

"It'd better be good," I muttered.

"Don't get your hopes up," Laura shrugged, "With out your parents knowing about you, these guys can do what ever they want to you kids, and what they want to do at the moment is use you as lab rats, to test out beauty products and new medicines on you kids."

"That's insane!" I jumped up.

"I know," Laura said taking my hand making me sit again.

"And if we die than?"

"That's it," She said sadly. "That's why I'm here to help you, you seem like a determined girl and your the only one here who knows a family to keep you. So I will help you regain your memory, and break away from here, and once you do, you have to ask this family that you know to help you, to help the kids in here,"

"They will, I know they will. Espicially Mayadah."

"Good." She opened the file in her hands, there was a passport size picture of what looked like a younger version of me. "Keep the folder with you, read it, but make sure it stays hidden." And with that she got up to leave.

I was up late that night reading the folder. I was an only child living with my mom and dad, I had gone to pre-school and apperently I was a well liked kid. I kept reading and reading but I couldn't remember anything. But at least one thing got better. I heard my mother's voice, the most sweetest softest voice ever. 

I changed back into Maydah's pyjamas, still wondering why she told me to keep them. I stuffed my hands into the pockets because they were freezing. I felt a paper in the pocket, I tok deeper into the pocket and took out the paper. There was a number written on it : 053-0268-480. It was probably Maydah's number!! All I need now is a phone, where was I going to find a phone? Laura!

I quietly slipped out of my room, and tiptoed down the corridors.

"Where are you going?!"

I gasped and turned around.

"Laura," I sighed with relief.

"Your not meant to be out!"

"I need a phone!"

Come on," She said, we went back to my room, she took out her cell phone, "What's the number?"

I gave her the number and she dialled it. "Here," she gave me the phone.

"Hello?" It was Maydah's voice.

"Maydah!"

"Who is this?" She asked.

"Azalea!"

"Azalea! Where are you? Are you ok?!" She said frantically.

"I'm fine, I'm not sure where I am, but it's some where near a tire shop," I said remembering seeing a tire shop when I was being driven here.

"Ok, can you find your way to the tire shop by yourself?" She asked me.

"I think so,"

"We'll come get you there tomorow night ok?"

"Ok, see you then."