Chapter 30 - Bit By Bit

I opened my eyes, my vision cloudy at first, I blinked a few times clearing my vision and my head stopped spinning. I was sitting on a sofa, my hands not tied and neither were my feet. I stood up and hastily ran to the door and tugged at the knob. It was locked.

"Nice try." I heard a voice behing me. I had been so frantic to get out, I didn't realise some one else was in the room. I stood frozen on the spot taking a moment to absorb my surroundings. 

The room looked like an office, with formal brown leather sofas and a wooden brown desk with a laptop that was placed to the side. There was a full length french window looking out at the sky. It still looked like night and I hoped my dad had not woken up to find me missing. Than I noticed something else, all I could see was sky. We must be on the top floor of whatever this building was. As for the voice, it belonged to a tall, thin, dwindly man with large black glasses and close crop orange hair.

"What's going on?" I asked, the first thing that came to my mind.

"I could ask you the same question," He replied, his voice stone cold.

"Huh?"

The man didn't reply, he simply went over to the full length window and stared into the night sky. This was an all new level of plain weird.

"Where's Zeke?" I asked breaking the silence.

"What happens to Zeke is non of your business." He growled.

I kept silent, wondering who the hell this guy was and what this place was.

"You, missy, never fail to interupt with our business do you?" He said finally, his anger cooled off.

"What are you talking about?" I asked baffled, how could I interupt with their business? Why would I anyways?

"Oh come on, from what I heard, you seemed smarter than what you are,"

"Heard from who?" I asked.

"Hensus." He muttered.

My jaw dropped. Than I remembered what I had seen earlier on tonight. That face, Andrew Stuart's face, the same guy who tried to poison us, the guy from the authorities. If Hensus told this guy about me... 

Than it all clicked in my head! I was standing face to face with a- 

"Murderer!" I gasped.

"Oh quit the drama will you. So you know who I am eh?"

"Mr Daniels."

"Correct again. And my do you look like your mother.. Too bad you might end up dying like her as well." He sneered, coming out from behind his desk.

"I don't think so." I muttered, kicking him with all my strength, luckily he didn't expect that so he went down straight away, but I could tell his skills were a thousand times more advanced than mine. He was slightly injured but not enough to keep him down. Now I wish Zeke hadn't taken the gun from me, I wanted to use it, to take revenge.

Bismillah! What am I thinking? I follow the man who was a mercy for mankind and now I'm thinking about revenge. Help me God!

"What's going on?" I asked again. "Why did your guys kidnap Zeke?"

"I needed his finger," He said simply.

"What?!"

"Because you your idiotic movement to get all the children out of the care of the authorities and back to their parents, the children are, unfortunately telling their parents unpleasant things about us and what we do, this is leading to complains of dozens of parents and making us look like th bad guys we really are. So I had to divert attention away from us by making another group of anonymous criminals. Those 'criminals' tonight were meant to capture Zeke, cut off his finger and send it to us making a ransom fro fifty thousand dollars. We would than raise an alarm through out our little town and people would start panicking about that crap instead of worrying about us."

"You would do that to your own son?" I asked horrified.

"He's not my son." Daniels spat in disgust.

"What?"

"His mom was in love with another man, a poor man. Since she was of the aristocratic class, she was forced to marry me instead, but just before she did, she was pregnant with Zeke. A son from a lower class scum."

 I rolled my eyes.

"Anyways," He started again. "You ruined my whole plan."

"So what are you going to do now?" I asked dreading the answer.

"Prison."

"What?!"

"A holding cell you idiot," He snarled, "Your too young for a sentence. Your dad will be called to come pick you up and won't he be proud to find his daughter wondering around in the middle of the night."

"Please, just let me go home," I begged.

"Do I look like a person with that amoun of niceness?"

I felt my heart sink. What on earth would my dad say? Scratch that, how was to explain all of this to him? There is so much I tried to keep him out of but now, he would be dragged into all this with me...