♔Mean girls, mean girls ~ The founder

Zacznij od początku

One of the girls in our group would constantly joke about my clothes and my hair and play it off like she was only kidding.

Another one of them made it quite obvious she hated my very existence.

The realization none of them really wanted to be around me hurt alot.

I remember times I'd burst into tears for seemingly no reason, and my so called friends eventually just gave up on trying to comfort me.

I wondered for so long what was wrong with me and why I never could make any real friends.

Eventually, the school year ended and my friendships faded with it, then I was thankfully home-schooled for the rest of my grade school career.

Some of my so called friends kept in touch with me over Facebook when I had one, but it wasn't long before I simply stopped talking to all of them.

I had no real connection with any of them, because of how shallow most of them were.

Throughout my young adulthood, my being different continued to be a struggle for me.

The hurt of the bullying, the longing to have real friends, and the confusion about why I never fit in have all been a journey for me.

I used to wonder if I'd given my bullies a reason to hate me, but as I've grown older I realize that it wasn't my fault they felt the way they did.

If someone hates you for no reason, it doesn't mean there is anything wrong with you.

My bullies took their own insecurities out on me.

I stood out and had qualities they didn't have.

I didn't fit their mold; I wasn't one of them, and they despised me for it.

But it's funny how life works out, because the very things that they hated about me are things I love about myself now.

There was never anything wrong with me, and I didn't need to change.

So, I got my spark back.

I never could morph myself into of them really; thank God.

I still speak with manners, eloquence, and refrain from using slang more often than not.

I won't even say the word "aint" unless I'm joking. XD

I still get bored at pop culture talk, fandoms and stanning, and have no interest in designer apparel or items.

I still get dragged online for my detest for many widely loved ideas, companies, series, brands and many of my other uncommon beliefs.

I still don't really fit in with pretty much anyone in my life, offline or online.

And so what?

That's just me.

There's nothing wrong with being a wild card.

And I didn't deserve to be treated the way I was for being one.

But it's okay.

Because it made me stronger.

I actually ran into Meghan at a department store last year, and she looked at me with the same disdain she used to in middle school.

That's okay Meghan.

You no longer run my world.

I was the outcast in middle school, and I'll be an anomaly for the rest of my life.

But you know what?

My being different paved the way for me.

I've never lived in your world of the simple; I've always lived in my own imagination.

And because of that creativity and originality, I have a lot of doors before me.

I've always known what I'm meant to do, and as it manifests, you and everyone else that bullied me will realize just how awesome being different actually is.

So, to anyone out there being bullied, hated, and picked on:

Stay true.

Prove them wrong.

Be yourself.

Don't let them take away your spark, and if they do, get it back again.

Being different may feel like a curse, but it actually is a blessing.

Don't let mean guys and mean girls run your world.