Chapter 160

I didn't understand why but Trevor was up and running around a week later like he didn't even have a broken rib. He went to work and actually was on a streak of three days of not being injured while working. I was really proud of him and happy he was having normal days.

He got off work one day and he was in such a good mood. He picked Dak up and grabbed my hand after he walked in the door.

"We're going out." He said and smiled as he gently pulled me up.

"What?" I chuckled as he took his uniform shirt off and threw on a hoodie. He already had jeans on. It was like he had changed before and kept his vest and everything else on.

"We're going out. Cooper guard the house. We'll be back buddy." He said

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"There's a fall carnival a few towns over. I figured we could go. I think Dak would love it and so would you." He said.

"Okay. Give me one second." I said and I lightly jogged to the kitchen to grab my phone. I put on my shoes and he kissed me while holding Dak once I got to him.

"I'll win you and Dak a prize or something." He said and I smiled against his lips as he kissed me again.

"Okay." I smiled and he grabbed my hand. We walked out in the driveway and to the car. I was so excited to go out with them.

* * *

"Okay. You, me, and mommy will play." Trev said as we sat down on stools and trev held Dak on his lap. We were playing the game you'd usually see at boardwalks where you spray the water at the targets and the first one to get the water to the top won. I was horrible at the game, but apparently Trev was amazing.

It started and I missed the target to begin with but he helped Dak stay directly on it. After a few seconds the bell for the winner rang and trev was the winner, or Dak was.

"What prize do you want?" Trev asked him.

"The shark!" He said and pointed to a stuffed shark. We both smiled as the worker handed it to him and we thanked him. Dak was so happy to have it and he was so proud of himself.

"What are you going to name your shark?" Trev asked.

"Sharky!" He said excitedly and we laughed. Trev kissed his cheek and I went to turn to walk down another part of the path and I tripped. I fell forward and trev grabbed me. I fell slightly, but I was caught more by Trev. He pulled me up and he put his hand on my belly.

"You okay?" He asked and I nodded. I was just embarrassed.

"I'm fine." I said.

"Did you hit anything?" He asked.

"My elbow. Otherwise I'm fine. My stomach didn't hit the ground because you caught me." I said.

"Okay. Just making sure. Jeez, baby were both clumsy." He said and I chuckled and could still feel my face red. It could have been so much worse.

"I'm glad you caught me even when holding Dak. That's talent." I chuckled to make the situation less seriousmy and he rubbed my shoulder and grabbed my hand.

"I wasn't just going to watch you fall." He said and I nodded as we walked down to a ride for Dak. I obviously couldn't go on it, but Trev was going to take him on it. He bought tickets and carried Dak on and I watched at the exit of the ride. Trev was so cute with him. I absolutely couldn't wait for the baby so we could have two running around.

"Bailey?" I heard ask behind me and I turned around. It was Ash. Not my friend ash. Trevor's ex wife ash. I looked at her for a second and I smiled.

"Hey. How are you?" I asked.

"Good. How are you?" She asked as the ride started and I nodded.

"Good. I've just been tired lately. We're expecting and it's definitely hitting me now." I chuckled as I put my hand on my belly. It was so awkward.

"This is your second? Right?" She asked and I nodded.

"Yeah. He's with our first on the ride though." I said and she nodded.

"Oh." I heard Trev say behind me and I turned around to see him holding daks hand and ash looked at him.

"Hey-I just saw bailey and didn't want to be rude." She said.

"You're fine." He said awkwardly.

"Mommy the ride was so fun! Can we go again?!" Dak asked and I chuckled.

"It's up to daddy." I said and trev shook his head.

"In a little. If you're anything like me, you'll get sick your second time. Let's wait for your stomach to relax after the first time." He said and Dak nodded and asked to be picked up by him. Trev pulled him up and kissed his cheek and Ash smiled weakly.

"How have you been?" She asked him and he nodded slowly.

"Better." He said.

"Good." She said and he nodded.

"Who's that daddy?" Dak asked and trev looked over at him and shook his head.

"Just a friend." He said and she chuckled.

"I'll see you around." She said.

"Bye." We said and she walked away and so did we. Trev looked over at me and I chuckled.

"What?" He asked.

"Do you still care about her?" I asked.

"No. Why would you even ask me that?" He asked.

"Because. I just wonder sometimes. I mean you were married to her way before me and went back to her a lot when we were first together." I said.

"And things are different now. I have kids with you. I wouldn't even let myself come close with that when I was with her. You don't have anything to worry about. She's nothing but a part of my past." He said and I nodded slowly and he grabbed my hand and squeezed it.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you too." I said.

"Dak, lets go back on the ride bud!" He said happily and excitedly and he jumped with excitement.

After they went on again, we went and played a few more games with Dak, and trev was so cute. Dak was so happy and it made my heart melt.

We left eventually though because by the time we got to the car Dak was asleep with his head rested on trevs shoulder and we had to get him home so he could sleep. I was exhausted too. I probably could have snuggled up in the back with him but I didn't and kept Trev company.

"Do you want to get dinner? Stop at a drive-thru or something? I don't want to cook and I'm starving." He said.

"Please stop at McDonald's. Get me the biggest burger they have with a large fry, and a chocolate milkshake." I said and he looked over at me and laughed.

"Jesus Christ, mama." He said and put his hand on my stomach.

"The baby is craving so much today." I said and he rubbed my stomach as he drove. I seriously was craving everything and anything. I was so excited to find out the gender.