Chapter 16

When my brother walked out of his room, he nodded as an okay for me to go in and see him.

"He's real happy." He chuckled and I cocked an eyebrow and I walked in. He was laying in his bed and he smiled up at me tiredly.

"Hey, good looking." He said and I smiled weakly.

"Hey. How are you feeling?" I asked and sat down next to him on his bed.

"I'm feeling good." He chuckled and he put his hand on my thigh.

"I can tell. That morphine is really getting to you." I chuckled.

"It is. I feel no pain whatsoever. How about you come here and give me some kisses." He said and I laughed.

"Relax." I said and he pulled me down next to him and kissed my temple.

"You're so beautiful. You're perfect. I'm so happy you're okay." He said.

"Hey, Relax." I chuckled weakly and he kissed my cheek.

"Trevor-"

"Baby, come here." He said and he locked his lips with mine. I went to pull away from him and he held me close to him and I couldn't move, I also didn't want to hurt him so I just kissed him and let him kiss me.

"You're so much better of a kisser than her." He said and I chuckled.

"You're really not feeling any pain at all huh?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Stay at my house. I'll call my wife and ask her if you can stay." He said.

"Yeah, okay. I'll stay at my dads." I chuckled and he shook his head.

"Stay at mine." He said.

"Okay, Trevor. You need to stop. You're not feeling pain but your back and ribs aren't okay to be moving. Lay down, please." I said and he rubbed my thigh.

"Come with me. Come to my house and stay." He said.

"You have a wife, remember? Stop." I warned and he nodded.

"I remember. I can ask her-"

"Ask your wife if your mistress can stay with you. Go ahead, Trev. I'm sure it'll go over well." I said.

"You're a friend." He said.

"I don't care. I wouldn't feel comfortable in your house. Just stop." I sighed and he kissed me.

"I'm so glad you're okay." He said.

"I'm glad you're okay, too." I said.

"I don't know if I am. I hope so." He said softly and I shook my head.

"You will be. Don't think negative, okay? Your back will heal. It will heal perfectly fine and you'll be back to saving lives in a few weeks." I said and he shook his head.

"They said I fractured my back in multiple places and I broke a rib. I may not be able to run again. I need to be able to run. If I can't I can't do my job." He said and I shook my head.

"You will be able to. I promise." I said and he wrapped his arm around me and someone walked into the room. I pulled away and went to see who it was and it was his chief.

"Your wife is about 30 seconds away from running into this room. You might want her to get away." He said and I quickly got up and the door opened. I was finally meeting his wife, except the person I imagined didn't come through the door. I expected him to have a pretty wife, not a supermodel, but not ugly. Someone who wasn't scared to go out of the house with makeup, but walked in was being face to face with Barbie. She was short and young looking. She had beach blonde hair with brown roots starting to show. She had a rock on her finger, yoga pants that fit her ass perfectly, she had a good size for breasts and he face was clear. She was perfect. There was nothing wrong with her.

"Jesus Christ, Trevor. Are you okay? I got here as fast as I could." She said and she hugged him quickly. He held her and kissed her forehead and I looked down at my hands.

"Why did you go into that house?!" She asked.

"The owner was a teacher-" he paused and he looked to me.

"Her. That's Bailey. She's a good person. I was trying to help her out. I heard the call and her name was  said over my radio and it scared me. I would do it for anyone." He said and he glanced to me and looked at me like he would only do it for me.

"Aw. It's nice to meet you. I'm so happy you're okay." She said.

"Thank you. It's nice to meet you too. I owe him a lot." I said and she ran her fingers through his hair and kissed him and I looked back to my hands.

"Okay. Well for the incident-Mrs Prescott, can I have a few words with your husband and Ms Collins?" His Chief asked and she nodded slowly.

"Of course." She said and he hugged her tightly before letting go of her and she walked out.

"Trevor." His chief sighed and he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"What in the hell are you doing?" He asked and I looked up at him. He looked up at his chief and he looked like he didn't even know what to say.

"What?" He asked.

"You're cheating on your wife, man. What are you doing? I know you love her, so why?" He asked and Trevor shrugged.

"I do love her. I just went to a bar one night and had some fun and shit happened. It wasn't supposed to happen but it did. It's not like she's a random girl, she's a teacher-it's a whole thing Chief. I just care about her. She's a good person. She took care of me when I was hurt and I wasn't letting anything happen to her." He said referring to me and he sighed.

"You're a married man-"

"I don't feel comfortable talking to you about my personal life. You're my boss. I know I'm a married man. Shit happens." He mumbled and his chief sighed.

"Alright." He said and he shrugged.

"Alright." He mumbled and his chief walked out.

"Fucking douchebag." He mumbled and I sighed.

"Everything okay?" His wife asked as she walked back in and he nodded.

"Yeah." He smiled weakly and she sat on the edge of his bed and wrapped her arms around him.

"I'm so glad you're okay." She said.

"Me too."