Chapter 62

I took a pregnancy test and it was positive. I took it at work too, because I didn't want Trevor to know. At least yet. When I saw it was positive, it didn't even surprise me. Trev was right. I had a tiny baby bump and I had been craving many odd things.  I was also nauseous a lot, but hadn't gotten to the point that I actually threw up.

I put the trash of the box in the trash of the school bathroom, but I wrapped it in toilet paper so no one could see it. I also put the actual test in my purse. I wanted to show him when I got home, I was just nervous.

Before I got home, I stopped by the store and bought a card, a gift bags, and I got baby socks and a shirt that said "daddy's partner in crime," I felt like it fit perfectly. I wrote in the card and stuffed the test in the bag with it. I wanted to make it cute telling him.

When I got home, I put the bag on the kitchen counter directly in front of him as he was making something to eat.

"Hey, baby. How was your day?" He asked and kissed me.

"Good." I smiled and held him for a little, hoping he'd notice the bag or question it. He didn't even realize and was complete oblivious as always though.

"I know I'm making dinner early, I'm just starving." He said.

"It's fine. I'm hungry too and by the looks of it, Cooper is too." I said and we both looked down at him drooling and panting while sitting right next to his feet.

"I have to go to the bathroom I'll be right back." I said and he nodded as I walked away. I actually had to go though, and it wasn't an excuse to see if he'd notice it without me there. Of course he did.

"Hey honey, what'd you get at work?" He called to me as I walked down the hall to go back to the kitchen when I was done and he was holding the bag.

"Just a few things." I said and I played along with it. He opened it and grabbed the card. Thank god. And he chuckled.

"That's cute." He said.

"What?" I asked.

"Are one of your friends having a kid?" He asked with a smile as he read the card and I chuckled and nodded.

"Aw. Tell them I said congrats. Did they surprise you with this?" He asked and I nodded and chuckled.

"What's funny?" He asked as he grabbed the socks and he looked so cute looking at everything. I could tell he was wishing it was him, even though it was-he just didn't put two and two together until he grabbed the test.

"Is this yours?" He asked and his smile faded.

"Mhm." I nodded and his eyes softened.

"This is yours?" He asked.

"Yes." I chuckled and he looked down at it for a little and he drug his hands down his face.

"You're pregnant?" He asked.

"Yes, Trevor." I chuckled and he pulled me into him and wrapped his arms around me tightly. I chuckled and he nuzzled his head into my neck.

"I love you." I said and he nodded silently and I felt tears against my neck, which made tears start to swell in my eyes. He was holding my waist tightly against his and had his hands rested on the small of my back.

"Really?" He asked.

"Yes." I chuckled and sniffled and he pulled me up into his arms and held me tighter.

"I love you so much." He said and I rubbed his back and he kissed my neck softly.

"I knew it." He chuckled weakly.