Chapter 95

Trevor was cleared. He was back to himself and normal, he could explain his feelings completely, he could carry and lift things even move than he already could, and he could go back to work. Except I didn't want him to. I knew that it was my brother that did it to him. I knew that it wasn't anyone that did it to him while working and he didn't have a vest on or anything-but I was scared if something happened again it would actually kill him. He had been through so much and had so many second chances that when it came to getting shot and hurt it was almost humanly impossible and insane that he survived everything.

I was scared that if one more bullet hit him or one more fire happened or car accident-it would be the reason he died and I was so scared to lose him. Especially after the last injury. 

We had talked about it so many times and he kept telling me he wanted to go back to being chief so it would be relaxing and less danger, but I seriously was begging him not to go back at all. To just resign and be done.

"Trevor, please. I know you're happy that you're back and healthy but it's not safe. You have been shot three or four times not and every time you almost died. You got stabbed, you were almost left in a fire in this house! Please. I'm literally begging you." I said and he shook his head.

"I can go back and do simple things bailey-"

"But something always happens out of it. Just please listen to me. Please don't go back. Please just stay home and I'll pay the bills and everything and work in the school year." I said.

"No-"

"Trevor you are literally being offered the option to go back to work or claim that you can't because you're mentally not okay to and still get paid. Please do not risk your life to get paid when you can just be safe and make an income too. Please." I said.

"You think I'll die. Is that what this is? If I get hit one more time or if there's another serious thing going on? You think if one more thing happens to me I won't come back from it?" He asked and my eyes softened.

"Trev, you've been through so much already. I just don't want you to risk it anymore." I said.

"You'd be set financially-"

"I don't care about money, Trevor. You know this. I know I'm different from Ash and you're used to someone begging you for money every day to go out, but that's not me. I don't give a shit about how much money we have. I give a shit about having you." I said.

"I would literally be fine. Sawyer would let me-"

"Sawyer isn't letting you do anything." I said.

"I'll just work at the school then. Make sure you're safe and Kenz." He said.

"Trevor." I warned and he sighed.

"I love my job. You know I love it. I only ever came close to actually dying when your brother shot me because he's fucking insane." He said.

"I know you love your job, but you also almost died from a fire-"

"The Fire was your fault." He said.

"How was it my fault?!" I asked.

"Because the source of it came from the stove. You left a flame on. I never told you because I didn't want you to be mad at yourself and make you feel guilty or upset for me getting hurt because of it. I had the firefighters tell you it was something else because I didn't want you upset." He said and my eyes softened.

"Trevor-Jesus Christ-either way something is always happening. Whether it's intentional or expected or not-something is always happening to you and I don't want anything else to. I love you so much and can't afford to lose you. Especially with a baby on the way." I said.

"Nothing will happen." He said.

"You have literally said that everytime before you go back and something always does." I said.

"Well maybe you shouldn't think like that." He said.

"Trevor. I will literally do anything for you to not go back to that. I can't lose you." I said.

"You'd be fine without me if something happened." He chuckled.

"No I wouldn't-we have a baby on the way-I'm literally pregnant Trevor! How would I be okay?! Stop." I said.

"I'm not arguing about this-"

"I'm not either. Everyone around you doesn't want you to go back including sawyer. You tell me the smart move." I said.

"The smart move is to go back to being chief so I sit at a desk all day." He said.

"And risk your life. Your luck someone would shoot your station up." I said.

"Don't say that." He warned and narrowed his eyes at me.

"I don't want it to happen Trevor. I just don't want you to go back at all. It scares me." I said and he shrugged.

"I love you and I know that you don't want me to get hurt anymore but even if I did, I'd be fine." He chuckled and I shook my head.

"No you wouldn't. Stop-I can't even talk to you about this because it's going to piss me off. You're not indestructible. You died three times during your surgery and almost didn't come back. If something happens to you and you go back I know it won't be good. I can't afford to lose you and when everyone is telling you it's not safe to go back, you still want to and think it's a good idea." I said.

"I love my job." He said.

"I literally do not care. I love my job too but I wouldn't be working if every time I went in I almost got killed." I said and he shrugged and left the conversation at that. I wanted to continue it and finish it, but I didn't even care at that point. I was so angry at him. I didn't want to stop him from doing something he loved, I just didn't want to lose him.