Chapter 156

A few hours passed after we got ice cream and everything and it was already 9pm. It was nighttime and the lady that dropped Kenz off still hadn't come back yet and didn't contact us, so we contacted Nancy. It wasn't that we didn't want Kenz there. We didn't want Kenz to leave, but we didn't have anything for her to stay the night. Her old room had just a bed and furniture. She didn't have clothes or toys or anything. Nancy told us that she should be back soon, and if she wasn't to let her know.

"Who the fuck just drops off a kid with no real explanation other than their husband is in the hospital, and leaves. She can't just assume we have things for her to stay the night-I don't want her to leave but we don't have anything for her." Trev said quietly as we were talking in the kitchen.

"I know... let's just wait and see. I just hope she didn't leave her here for good. As much as I want her here, we went through being emotionally drained and we were finally okay and now we have her back, which is fine, but what if she tries to take her again?" I asked.

"She's not leaving her here. I'm not even getting my hopes up with that. If she does end up doing that, she's not getting her back. I'm tired of it. I'm tired of the shit that we keep going through." He said.

"You don't think I'm not?" I asked.

"I never said you weren't. I'm just tired of everything. I really am. Between the constant bullshit, us arguing, me literally getting shot at least once a week while I'm working, and you being pregnant. It's a lot right now going on and it's always something." He said.

"Being shot at least once a week? You were shot once this week and you didn't tell me anymore." I said and he sighed.

"I meant this one." He said.

"You could have just said being put in danger. Have you gotten shot other times?" I asked.

"No." He said and our doorbell rang throughout our house and he sighed. He was lying to me. It was so obvious he was lying to me. He looked at me for a second and walked away to answer the door and I ran my fingers through my hair and cursed under my breath when I heard Kenz's aunt at the door. She was apologizing to Trev for being late and I wanted to scream. I was so angry and it was partially because Trev was almost injured multiple times at work, didn't tell me, lied, and also because of Kenzi's aunt being a fucking bitch.

"Mommy. I have to leave. I love you." Kenz said as she walked into the kitchen and my eyes softened. I picked her up and squeezed her and kissed her and she nuzzled her face into my neck.

"I love you too. I missed you so much. Tell your aunt to let you visit more. Me and trevvy will take you and Dak our whenever you want." I said as I walked with her into the living room and she nodded. She reached for Trev and her hugged and kissed her. We made sure she said goodbye to Dak and cooper, and she left. She seemed so sad when she left.

"I know she's not happy without us." He said and I nodded with my hands on my hips.

"I know. I think you also know I'm not happy with you at the moment." I said.

"What did I do?" He asked.

"Didn't tell me about work." I said.

"I'm fine." He said.

"How many other times were you shit other than this one that I don't know about?" I asked.

"Once. That's it. My job isn't safe in general Bailey. I'm fine though. I promise." He said and I ran my fingers through my hair.

"You promise?" I asked and he nodded and locked his pinky with mine.

"Promise."