Chapter 148

I woke up in Daks hospital bed with Trev and we were both holding Dak. He was so precious and I was actually sober and not mad or anything at that moment, so I realized what was going on and it fully hit me. I started to cry and I held Dak so tight. I kissed him and pushed his hair back and I woke Trev up. He looked at me for a second and he sat up.

"What?" He asked.

"Our baby." I cried and he took the blanket off himself and rubbed his face before kissing daks temple.

"He should be waking up soon. That's what the doctors told your dad. He's going to be okay, he just needs time and help to talk again." He said and I wiped under my eyes and he put his hand on my shoulder.

"He's going to be okay. He isn't going anywhere." He said and I nodded.

"Trev, I love you so much. I'm sorry." I cried.

"Okay." He said and I kept crying. He rubbed my shoulder and he pulled me and Dak into him more.

"I love you, okay? I love you so much and I'm sorry. I'm sorry I drank last night, I'm sorry I kissed him and I'm sorry I had sex with him. I'm sorry." I cried.

"Okay. Stop crying. You're being loud and I don't need a scene in the hospital. I've calmed down since last night I was just mad. It's gonna be okay. Can we please just focus on him for right now. Please?" He asked and I nodded. He put his hand on daks shoulder and I kissed his forehead and trevs hand.

"I love my boys so much." I said.

"We love you." He said and the machines attached to him started to go off and we both sat up and looked at them. He narrowed his eyes and Dak woke up, but he woke up crying and we both leaned down.

"Hey. It's okay. It's okay. Mommy and daddy are here don't worry." Trev said softly and he looked up at us as he cried and he reached his hands out to me. I sat down on the edge of the bed and carefully picked him up and doctors ran in.

"We have to do a medical exam on him now that he's awake. Just so we know that he's okay. Again, he might have memory loss or problems with speech-but he can go home with that. We need to make sure there's nothing else." His doctor said and I nodded and he stopped crying in my arms. Trev kissed his cheek before the doctors took him out of my arms and they checked his eyes with a light. They made him follow their finger and they nodded.

"His response time to my finger moving is a little slow-can you do that again bud?" The doctor asked him and he repeated it.

"Okay. That was a little better. We're just going to run more tests on him, do a cat scan, and he should be okay to go home if all goes well." He said.

"Okay." I said.

"Is he looking okay though?" Trev asked.

"From the outside, yes." The doctor said and we nodded.

"We're going to bring you to get a quick little test done and then you'll be able to go home. Okay, bud?" The doctor asked him and Dak started to cry again.

"I'll be right back." He said and he walked out. Trev wrapped his arms around him and held him and I wrapped my arms around them both. Dak held on to Trev stronger than he ever had and trev nodded.

"You're so strong, bud. You're stronger than daddy. I'm so proud of how good you've been doing. Don't worry, we'll be home soon." Trev said and kissed the top of his head. He wasn't talking, which scared the hell out of me. He had finally been talkative with us especially and comfortable to talk more, and now he couldn't and had to be retaught. It was the scariest moment of my life. I just wanted him to be okay.