Chapter 41

I decided to visit Trevor at work. The kids had a half day so I was able to leave early too, and I wanted to see him. No matter how much he annoyed me I still loved him. I got to his station after getting him his favorite food from his favorite Chinese place, and a bunch of secretaries and officers looked at me like I was being arrested. I just went up to the front desk to see a middle aged woman sitting at the desk and she gave me a dirty look as she was on her phone.

"Can I help you?" She mumbled and I raised my eyes brows at her.

"I'm here to see Officer Prescott." I said.

"The chief? For what? People can't just come in here requesting certain people. It's a police station ms. prima Donna. Not a question and answer." She said and I chuckled fakely.

"Trevor Prescott is my boyfriend." I said and she quickly changed her attitude toward me. Wait until I told him.

"Oh. I'm so sorry. No problem. I'll bring you to his office." She said and I nodded and smiled and she got up from her desk and she walked me to his office. It wasn't what I was expecting. It was honestly so nice, comfortable and neat looking. He was on the phone and writing something down when the woman knocked on the inside of his doorway and he looked up and did a double take to see me.

"Hey chief, you have a beautiful visitor." She smiled and he smiled and nodded before motioning me in and she left and I closed the door behind me.

"That's fine." He said on the phone as I walked to his desk and he mouth for me to go over to him before sitting down.

"Alright. Thank you." He said on the phone and silently kissed me.

"Okay. Bye." He said and hung up and he kissed me again.

"Hey. You didn't tell me you were visiting." He said.

"I thought I'd surprise you-I also brought lunch." I said and put the bag down on his desk.

"Mmmhm. Thank you baby, I'm starving." He said and I smiled and went around his desk and sat down in front of him.

"You need your secretary in the front to change her attitude up." I said and he looked up at me as I handed him his container of food and put mine down in front of me.

"The one that walked you in here?" He asked.

"Yes. She's a bitch." I said.

"Yeah I know. She's sweet to me now because I'm Chief, but before she treated me like shit because I was just an officer. She just sits on her phone, but I can't afford to fire her right now." he said and I nodded slowly.

"I told her I was here to visit you and she told me it wasn't a question answer and that I couldn't. When I told her you were my boyfriend she changed her attitude." I said.

"Well, now she knows. Next time you come in if she gives you an attitude, let me know. I'll take care of it." He said and I smiled weakly.

"What would you do?" I asked.

"Fire her. What do you mean what would I do? She's been pissing me the hell off." He said and I nodded slowly.

"What's she been doing?" I asked.

"She's just been a bitch, you know? She's like the jason of my job." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"But at least you weren't in a relationship with her." I said.

"She's not my type." He said with a smirk and I chuckled as he shoved food into his mouth.

"I want to do something. I'm honestly getting bored of this job. I know it's what I wanted and it's a great job, but I miss going on calls and the adrenaline, you know?" He asked.