Chapter 140

I woke up in the hall and my ribs hurt so bad that I couldn't breathe. Kenz and Dak were sitting next to me with cooper laying against me whimpering and shaking my hand and I looked up at them.

"Oh god. Oh god-Kenz-Dak-my babies." I said softly and I kissed their foreheads and wrapped my arms around them.

"Mommy? Are you okay?" Dak a sked and I nodded.

"I need you to get mommy's phone in the bedroom. Please. I need to call daddy." I whispered. I didn't know if sawyer was still there.

"Okay." They whispered back and ran into the bedroom. They brought me my phone and sawyer
Texted me.

"I'll be back in an hour." He said no later than 10 minutes before. I went to trevs contact and called him with my hands shaking and he answered after a few rings.

"What's up? Currently stalking a bunch of gang bangers baby. I don't really want to get caught today." He said.

"Trevor, I love you so much and I really know that you're doing your job but if you can leave safely and get to the house in 10-15 minutes I need you to. I need you here. I need you to keep the kids safe. I'm not okay. I need help but sawyer will know if I call the cops-"

"Slow down. What's going on? What do you mean you need help? Did someone break in? Sawyer will know if you call?" He asked.

"I'm hurt. Sawyer hurt me. Trev I can't move. I think I broke a rib and I can't breathe. Please come. I'm so scared and the kids are terrified." I cried.

"Okay. Okay. Is sawyer there? Im on my way. I'll be there in less than 5 minutes. I'll get an escort." He said.

"Okay." I said and he hung up. I leaned against the wall and cooper nudged under my chin and kissed my face.

"I'm scared, Mommy." Kenz said.

"I want daddy." Dak said and I nodded.

"Daddy's coming." I said and Kenz hugged me.

"Thank you sweetheart." I said and I heard sirens outside my house. I heard car doors slamming and the front door open.

"Bailey?!" Trevor yelled.

"Daddy?!" Dak asked and he ran upstairs. He saw me and his eyes immediately softened and he knelt down next to me as multiple officers and medics ran up. He cupped my cheek and he shook his head.

"I'm so sorry." He said.

"It's not your fault-I'm going to be fine. He's going to be back soon." I said.

"Our entire unit is out front waiting for him. Let him come back. I'll have him fucking killed. Piece of shit. I'm sorry, I shouldn't be taking in front of you two like that." He said to the kids and I smiled weakly.

"Look-I'm going to take the kids and the medics are going to get things situated and figure out how you're doing and get you on a stretcher. I'll ride with you in the hospital and I have your dad watching the kids. He's already almost here, alright? I love you so much. Anyone that lays their hands on you will get the same and worse in return. I'm sorry I've ever hurt you." He said and I nodded. He kissed my forehead and got up and he picked the kids both up and called cooper away. The medics knelt down in front of me and got my vitals and they asked me questions. They told me to take deep breaths after I told them I couldn't breathe and they lightly felt around my ribs and chest. I was literally terrified. I wanted to just be normally loved without being hurt-Physically. I'd rather been mentally abused than physically at that point. It was like I was being tortured.

* * *

When I got to the hospital I had a bunch of different tests run on me along with x-rays done. The good news was I just bruised two ribs and didn't break them, the bad news was I had a concussion and couldn't do anything for at least a month. Especially since my rib would still take a month or so to heal.

"Sawyer was arrested." Trev said as he sat next to me and rubbed my hand.

"He's going to get out and kill me." I said. I wasn't even trying to be dramatic. He literally would have killed me.

"He's not getting out. He fucked up and it's his own fault. Bailey I'm so much different. These past few months and especially this last month or two without you have taught me so much. Seeing you terrified and hurt broke my heart. If I ever made you feel that way I'm so sorry. I hope he gets what he deserves. No one deserves that." He said and I nodded.

"Trev, I love you so much you have no idea. I missed you and it drove me insane being with him. I'm so happy you're back. I can tell things will be different." I said and he nodded.

"They will be...they'll be so much better." He said and I ran my fingers through his hair and he kissed my forehead.

"My baby. Your face is so bruised." He said as brushed his thumb across my cheeks.

"Do I look ugly?" I asked.

"You never look ugly." He said.

"Can I see myself? Give me your phone." I said and he shook his head.

"You don't need to see yourself-"

"Trevor. Just let me see myself, please?" I asked and he sighed and handed me his phone. I went to the camera and I almost had a panic attack. My cheek was so swollen and bruised and my lip was busted.

"Oh god." I said.

"Don't worry. You'll heal fast and then I'll find sawyer and beat the shit out of him even worse than he did to you and see how he likes it. If I have to I'll kill him-"

"Trevor. Enough." I said and he shook his head.

"No-"

"You were already almost convicted of attempted murder. I don't need you actually killing someone because I know you will." I said and he chuckled. He rubbed my thigh and I ran my fingers through my hair and felt something rough on the back of my head and he gently stopped me.

"You have stitches. Watch." He said softly and I narrowed my eyes.

"Stitches from what?" I asked.

"Sawyer. When he pushed you against the wall." He said.

"I needed stitches from that?" I asked and he nodded.

"Fuck." I sighed and he sighed.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"Why are you sorry? It's not your fault." I said.

"I shouldn't have left. I should have told him to get over it and that you were my girl right there. I don't know why I didn't stay. I'm so sorry." He said.

"I want to see him. I'll talk to him. He probably knows at this point that I don't actually hate you and I was going to end it with him anyway." I said.

"Most definitely. I'm not worried about him-my dads service is tomorrow and I know you'll be discharged today, but I want you to rest tomorrow. You don't have to come-"

"I'm going. I don't care what you say. I'll be fine to go and be there for you. You need me there." I said and he ran his fingers through his hair.

"Bailey, you're already in enough stress and I'm going to be devastated all over again tomorrow. You don't need me to add to it. I'm fine." He said and I shook my head.

"I'm going and that's the end of the story." I said and he sighed and I grabbed his hand.

"I'd never let you go through anything with out being with you. Not anymore. I'll forever be here from now on." I said and kissed his hand and his eyes softened. He rubbed my palm and I wrapped my arms around him as tight as I could without causing my ribs to feel like they were being broken in half, and he held me gently. I loved him so damn much, and I missed talking to him. Trev knew me so well, and sawyer knew me, but he didn't understand me and he hurt me more than anyone ever had.