Chapter 55

A few days passed and the bruise on my face was finally going away after having to cover it with makeup when I went to work. It was the weekend so I didn't have to worry about the make-up anymore and was able to just walk around comfortably. Trevor was home too and he was drinking and watching TV with Cooper. They had made up after our argument too. Cooper was laying with his head rested on trevs lap and he was petting him.

I was in the kitchen making us lunch and when I was done I brought it in for them...Yes I made cooper something too. I made Trevor a turkey and cheese sandwich and myself one, and I made Cooper a peanut butter biscuit. He chuckled and kissed me with half of his mouth full of food and I rested my head on his shoulder.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too." He said and I rubbed his arm.

"The bruise is getting better." He said and cupped my cheek.

"Yeah." I said softly and he kissed it.

"I'm sorry." He said and I nodded.

"I know." I said and he wrapped his arm around me and he kissed my cheek more.

"Can you please take another pregnancy test soon? Please?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said and he kissed my forehead and I pulled away from him before he could kiss me again and I got up.

"Where are you going? I thought we were eating lunch?" He asked.

"We are. Eat. I'm sitting over here." I said as I sat down on the recliner and he cocked an eyebrow at me.

"You aren't going to sit with me?" He asked.

"Do I need to sit with you?" I said.

"No...I just thought that we'd sit together and cuddle." He said.

"I don't want to cuddle." I said.

"Am I still the bad guy?" He asked.

"I mean as a cop you're supposed to be the good guy, right? But you do stupid things that make you the bad guy and it's things you choose that are your fault that make you the bad guy." I said.

"Bailey-you were just fine. We were just perfectly fine and acting normal." He said.

"Trevor I love you so much and I'm over it, I really am, but to think about the way you acted toward me and how you put your hands on me-all because you were high? It pisses me off. It wasn't even a good substance you were high off of either. If it was marijuana it would have been better. I honestly would not have cared at all-but marijuana also doesn't make you act like a fucking maniac." I said.

"I fucked up, Alright? I fucked up and it was wrong and I hate myself for hitting you and hurting you. I never wanted to hurt you or treat you the way I did to ash and I never want our relationship to be toxic. You're the love of my life and I can't wait to start our little family together. I just fucked up and I learned from it." He sighed.

"I just know you're going to do it again." I said quietly and I looked down at my hands in my lap and he didn't say anything. I knew he heard me too. I didn't even want to look at him after what I had said because I knew he was mad. I eventually just got up and I went in the kitchen. I threw my trash out and Cooper walked in the kitchen and jumped up on me.

"Hey buddy." I smiled weakly and I pet him and kissed the top of his head. I should have known if cooper was up, so was Trevor. He walked in shortly after him and threw away his trash before walking past me to go to the fridge.

"Now you're ignoring me?" I asked.

"If I talk to you right now I'm going to flip out on you." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Don't." He warned.

"Can you honestly say that you don't think you'll do it again? You told me you'd be different than who you were with Ash, you aren't. You hit me and put a bruise on my face that I've been covering up for three days in public. The temper you have, high or not, is horrible. You don't know how to control your temper, but keep it up. Keep doing what you're doing, Trev. I'm still going to go back to you at the end of the day because I've somehow convinced myself that I can't live without you." I said.

"Would it be better for us to be apart?" He asked.

"Trevor I'm not fucking saying we're done. I love you so much and even though I know you won't change, I know that I want to spend the rest of my life with you even when you're a complete asshole." I said and he ran his fingers through his hair.

"You better hope they don't do drug tests on us and check us before we can actually adopt her either. If you ruin our chances I swear-"

"They won't. They don't. We're fine." He sighed and I shrugged.

"I'm just saying-"

"And I'm just saying that they aren't." He said and I shrugged.

"I just want you to be normal again. I miss the you I fell in love with. When you were still with ash but seeing me, you treated me like the world. You were so patient and loving, and now it's like you could care less." I said.

"It's not that I could care less, I just feel like I'm more comfortable with you-"

"So you feel like you can treat me like shit now?" I asked.

"Bailey, I would die for you and I've literally proven that multiple times. The amount of injuries I've been involved in since we've been together is unbelievable. I've been shot, my dog was shot, I almost died in this fucking house when it was on fire and before I paid for it to be rebuilt while you lived at your dads. I get angry sometimes, but overall I'm pretty good to you and you know that. I'm sorry for fucking up a few times. I love you more than life itself." He said.

"And I love you more than you'll ever know. I told you when you first told me about how you had hurt ash, that I wasn't someone you could do that to and I told you that from the start. What makes you think it's okay?" I asked.

"I don't." He said.

"Then why do you do it?" I asked.

"Out of reaction. I don't mean to." He said.

"Learn to control yourself or get help. Don't put me in harms way because you're a jackass." I said and walked out the kitchen and left him standing there. I was going to tell him how it was. I was over the entire thing, but he needed to know how I felt and where I stood with it.