Chapter 64

It was the next day after work and it was also the day Mackenzie was coming home. Nancy followed me to the house and it was making me nervous because Trevor hadn't responded to my texts all morning.

I unlocked the door as I walked in with Nancy and Mackenzie behind me, and he was on the couch sleeping-Which would have been fine..if there wasn't a half empty bottle of vodka in front of him on the coffee table and a small bottle empty next to it.

"Trevor." I mumbled and I looked at Nancy and she looked at me.

"I'm sorry." I sighed and went around and grabbed the bottles. I put them away and shook his shoulder and he slowly opened his eyes.

"What?" He asked in a sleepy mumble.

"Nancy and Mackenzie are here." I warned and he quickly sat up and he ran his fingers through his hair.

"Shit-I mean-I'm sorry." He slurred and I felt my face red from not only embarrassment, but anger.

"It's okay..." Nancy trailed off and he got up and stumbled forward and he walked to me.

"I'm sorry." He whispered quietly against my neck and I ignored him and pulled away.

"Are you okay officer Prescott?" Mackenzie asked and he nodded slowly.

"I'm okay." He said.

"Trevor I'm going to fucking kill you-" sawyer said as he walked into the house without knocking or a warning and he stopped when he realized Mackenzie was there. Everything was ruined.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know. I didn't mean to say that." He said and cleared his throat and Mackenzie looked at him.

"Is this your police friend?" Mackenzie asked and Trevor nodded and knelt down in front of her.

"That's sawyer. You can just call him sawyer." He said and she nodded.

"Hi officer Sawyer." She said cutely and he smiled.

"Hey, sweetheart. You must be Mackenzie. I've heard a lot about you." He said and he knelt down next to Trevor and shook her hand. I wanted to kill the both of them but they were so cute with her.

"Okay-her bags are in my trunk if you could help." Nancy said to all of us and we looked up at her and nodded. She turned and walked out the house and trev got up from kneeling down and stumbled.

"You have no idea how pissed off I am." I said and shoved past them both to go outside and grab bags. I grabbed two suitcases and brought them to the door and Trevor grabbed a few too. She was so adorable when she was watching us. I think she knew I was mad though. We got all her bags in and trev picked her up and kissed her cheek.

"I have a suitcase full of toys." She smiled and he chuckled.

"Do you want them in your room or your play room?" He asked.

"Some in the play room." She said and sawyer came in with two more bags and I sighed and brought some upstairs.

We got every bag in her room and when I went downstairs, since I was the last one up there getting things together, Nancy thanked us.

"I know she's happy with you two. I'm so happy she's finally here. I know it's been a long process." She said as we walked her out and Mackenzie was playing with cooper and talking to sawyer in the living room.

"Yeah, we're happy. We're just excited to be starting our family-and she'll be having a sibling soon." Trevor said and I blushed when she looked down at my stomach.

"Oh my! Congrats!" She said and hugged us.

"Thank you. We're going to have to explain that to her so I hope we explain it well." I said and she smiled.