Chapter 37

I stayed after work a little later than usual to grade some assignments and help a student with some math. I texted Trevor and told him too and he said it was okay. I didn't know that he was going to show up to the school and walk in my room after helping the student though.

"What are you doing here?" I asked and he smiled weakly

"I just wanted to stop by. I was hoping I'd be able to get here while the kids were still here but they obviously aren't." He said and I kissed him after he leaned down over my desk.

"I have like two more grades to put in and we can leave. You should have went home. Cooper hasn't had anyone with him all day and he's been in his crate." I said.

"He's okay. I know I feel bad leaving him in there but it's also good he gets crate trained. I did it for dak." He said and I put in my last grades before logging off the computer and getting up.

"Let's go home and go take him out somewhere maybe. He has all his shots already so we can go to a dog park." I said.

"I was thinking bringing him to a K-9 training camp that I sent Dak to for three weeks." He said and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Three?" I asked.

"I know it's long, but it works and it trains them perfectly. They train police dogs only and he'd be great for it. I technically don't need a dog on the force anymore, but he can still be used and work when needed. I can have it paid for and signed off." He said.

"He's too much of a puppy Trevor-"

"That's the best time to do it. I'm serious they're strictly professional. The only train K-9 unit dogs. We can get him trained." He said.

"We wouldn't have him for three weeks." I said as we walked out into the hall.

"Again, it's worth it." He said and I sighed,

"I don't know. We'll talk about it later." I said and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder as we walked and he pulled me into him and kissed my temple.

"I really missed you. I've been getting bored at the station." He said.

"I missed you too. I get bored in general sometimes. Especially since you're not here anymore." I said and we turned a corner and my boss was there. He looked up at us and he cocked an eyebrow.

"Are you back?" He asked.

"No. Just visiting." Trevor said and he nodded slowly.

"Well, you shouldn't be in here. You should get going." He said and Trevor kissed me in front of him and I pulled away.

I was let in and I checked in as a visitor. I'm allowed to be in here especially as a cop. Relax." He said and I looked up at him and basically tried apologizing to my boss with my eyes. I loved Trevor, but I hated that he made me look like an ass in front of my boss.

* * *

Trev followed me home and we both pulled into the driveway at the same time. I waited for him to get out his car and he walked to me and I grabbed my keys.

I unlocked the door and when we walked in we both froze. Stuffing of pillows was everywhere, the coffee table had bit marks on the legs of it, there was a hole in the couch cushion, Coopers cage door was open, and let's just say he used the floor as a bathroom.

"Oh my god." I said.

"Cooper!" He yelled and I walked in slowly and he slammed the door behind him.

"Cooper!" He yelled again and he walked around and went upstairs and I followed. Everything was fine upstairs because the bedroom doors were closed, thank god. He was just laying on the floor and he stretched and looked up at us innocently. Trevor picked him up and we went downstairs and he put him back in his crate and locked it.

"Bad. You dont do that. Jesus Christ." He sighed and Cooper looked up at us innocently and Trevor looked over at me.

"Still against training?" He asked and I sighed before shaking my head.

"No."