Chapter 130

On his jury day I sat front and center and waited. I waited and waited for his jury to be up and when it finally was he sat in the front of the room and he looked so pissed off and stressed out. It killed me.

Before the judge got there he grabbed my hand behind his table and he kissed me.

"We're going to be okay." He said.

"Of course we are." I said and he kissed me again and he rubbed my thumb and stopped when the judge came in. He sat up straight and he fixed his shirt as he sat and watched his lawyer and the girl accusing him of everything. Her family was there and it was genuinely scary. Even though Trev was innocent, knowing so many people were against him was terrifying.

The jury went on though and the lawyers went back and fourth along with the judge to the lawyers and Trev was questioned along with the girl but it was so stupid. It was so obvious that Trevor was innocent.

Then I was called up to be questioned by Greg's lawyer and it completely threw me off. Trev almost stopped him but I gave him a reassuring glare that I was fine. I went and sat in front of the room and I took my oath, then I began to get questioned. About everything.

"Where was Trevor on this day at this time?" His lawyer asked me.

"He went to the grocery store and that was it. I was at work and he texted me he was going to the store and about 45 minutes later I was brought out of classroom about this." I said.

"And has Trevor ever done anything to make you feel scared or uncomfortable while being with you?" He asked.

"No. He's a loveable goofball. He's great with kids as respects women completely." I said.

"Did Trevor ever abuse his power during the time he was a police officer? At least when you began dating him?" He asked.

"Absolutely not. He treated everyone the same. He treated everyone right unless they were putting others in danger, disrespectful to elders, women, or children. Otherwise he was calm and understanding. He wanted to help people." I said.

"Thank you." His lawyer said and I nodded and got up. Trev looked up at me and winked as I walked back to my seat and the judge cleared his throat and folded papers.

"Okay. I seriously think Mr Prescott is a great family man. I'm sorry Ms. Samuels, we will keep searching for who did this to you, but Mr Prescott has been proven not guilty for this jury. There will be a lineup held again for you to pick between more men and we will go from there. Mr Prescott, get some sleep and catch up on time with your family." He said and my eyes softened and Trevs face lit up and he dismissed us. He went to turn and kiss me but sawyer grabbed him and put him in cuffs and I narrowed my eyes.

"Sawyer, he's not guilty. Let him go." I said.

"I dont care. We still have to do it. I can't not do it." He said and Trev clenched his jaw as he build him out the court room. I didn't understand. I seriously didn't.

* * *

I met Trev at the gates and it felt so good to see him out of a jumpsuit. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed me and I held him tightly.

"Thank god." I said.

"Thank god is right. I can't wait to see my kids." He said and I grabbed his face and I smiled widely.

"I'm so fucking happy you're back." I said and he smiled weakly.

"Me too. I just want to go home." He said and I nodded and grabbed his hand.

"Let's go baby." I said and he walked to the car. He got in the passenger seat and I got in the drivers seat.

"I can't wait to eat dinner, have sex, and sleep in my own bed." He said and I laughed.

"Who said we were having sex?" I asked and he smiled weakly before resting his head against the window and he pinched the bridge of his nose with his eyes closed.

"Hey. I know things have been crazy. You're okay." I said and I put my hand on his knee and rubbed it.

"I know." He said and I started driving and continued to rub his knee. I was so happy he was home, I just wanted him to be happy. I didn't get why he was so upset.

* * *

"Daddy!" Kenz basically screamed as she ran to Trev when we got home and he smiled weakly and picked her up and he kissed her.

"Hey baby. I feel like you got so big and I was gone for a week." He chuckled and dak ran to him and he chuckled and picked him up and kissed his cheek.

"How are you bud? You were man of the house for the whole week." He said and I smiled. He seemed so tired it made me sad. I knew why he would be tired. A week in jail was probably exhausting for him, but he wasn't guilty and he was going to be fine. I'd thought he'd be me happy than he was.