Chapter 89

We went into Trevor's room when we were allowed to and he didn't look good. His skin was so pale and he needed something to help him breathe. I cried the entire time and held his hand tightly. I wish he could have woken up and talked to me and told me he was going to be okay himself. I kissed his hand and I wanted so bad to lay down with him but I didn't want to hit him even more. The doctors said he could feel my touch and hear us and it meant more than anything.

"I love you so much, Trevor." I said and I kissed his hand again.

"Don't go anywhere on us douchebag. No one said you could. You gotta be stuck with us here." Sawyer said and I closed my eyes against his hand.

"I'm so sorry." I cried against his hand and sawyer put his hand on my back.

"You didn't do anything, Bailey." He said.

"But my brother-if I wouldn't have gone upstairs I would have been able to stop my brother." I cried.

"You were being a good mom and stopping Kenzie from seeing anything. What if you weren't able to stop him and she saw him get shot? You did the right thing." He said and I didn't say anything. I was just crying. I didn't get how things changed so fast.

"We we're having such a good morning. We were in bed and laughing and kissing and Kenz came in our room and we were cuddling with her and then Colton comes in and-" I paused and I just shook my head.

"We've been doing so good sawyer. I thought our bad luck was finally gone." I cried and he rubbed my back.

"I think Trev needs to be done. As a cop I think he needs to just resign. It's only putting him in danger and your brother is screwed after this too. He's losing his job no doubt about it." He said and I nodded.

"I don't care about my brother. Trev loves his job though. I don't know how he could just resign." I said and sawyer shrugged.

"Well when he gets better we'll figure out what to do." He said and I nodded. I kissed his hand again and held it tightly and I looked up in the doorway to see my dad walk in. I narrowed my eyes and he went to me and hugged me.

"Colton is a fucking idiot." He said and I nodded.

"I'm sorry. I'm mad that you're back with him, but I know you love him and Colton went too far." He said and I nodded.

"What's the doctors say? How's he doing?" He asked.

"They told me he has a 3% chance of living." I said and his eyes softened.

"I'm so scared." I cried and he nodded.

"He's been through so much already, Bails. He's a tough guy. You know that. He'll be just fine. He's gonna be that 3%." He said and I nodded and wiped my tears.

"I just want him to wake up."