Chapter 61

I woke up the next morning to the doorbell ringing throughout the house and I winced at the light coming in through the blinds. I grabbed my phone and saw it was 1pm and I looked over at Trevor who was still asleep.

"Trev, wake up." I said and he grunted.

"Trev." I sighed as I got up. I quickly grabbed his t shirt from last night and threw it on as I pulled on panties and a pair of pajama bottoms from my dresser. I looked out the window to see who it was, and when I saw Nancy's car my heart dropped to my stomach.

"Trevor! Nancy is here!" I said and threw a pillow at him to wake him up. It worked.

"What?" He asked.

"Nancy is here. Get dressed and come downstairs. I'll be down there." I said and his eyes softened before jumping up and grabbed his boxers. I went downstairs as he was getting them on and I opened the door as he stumbled down the stairs while getting sweatpants on. Nancy and Mackenzie were both standing there and watched Trevor struggle to get his pants on. He was an idiot. When he got them on, he walked up behind me and he smiled awkwardly.

"Sorry. We slept in some." He said and cleared his throat. I loved his morning raspy voice.

"It's okay. We weren't supposed to be showing up today, but I wanted Mackenzie to see her future home before she stayed." Nancy said and Mackenzie looked up at Trevor. He wasn't wearing a shirt.

"Go get a shirt on you idiot." I said quietly and he looked down at me and nodded slowly.

"Come in." I said and they walked in and Mackenzie ran to cooper who was laying in the hallway. He got up and licked her face and she giggled.

"He loves you! He's almost excited as we are to have you here." I said and she chuckled and stumbled back.

"Cooper." Trev warned. He wanted to play and got a little too rough because he was used to playing with us. He listened though and laid down and she ran to Trevor.

"How are you, sweetheart?" He asked and knelt down to hug her.

"You have tattoos?" She asked.

"Yeah, I have tattoos." He nodded.

"My daddy never had tattoos. He didn't like them." She said.

"Aw. A lot of people don't like them. I don't mind." He said.

"I like yours." She said.

"Well, Thank you." He said and she smiled and he kissed her cheek before picking her up.

"I can show you something cool. Even Bailey doesn't know about it." He said and he opened the basement door.

"What?" I asked and cocked an eyebrow.

"Come down." He said and motioned me down there. My basement was run down. There were pipes in the walls and everything. It was just one big cement room. I took his word though and followed him down and Nancy followed behind me. My eyes softened when I saw that the entire basement was entirely finished. There were actual walls and there was a bar, a couch, a TV, and a play room. It smelt like fresh paint and wood.

"Woah." She said and she broke free out of his arms and ran into the play room and I had tears in my eyes.

"What?" I asked and he chuckled as tears started to flow down my cheeks.

"Trevor, What?" I asked and he kissed my forehead and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"I figured we could use this. A place to relax and spend time together alone, but also as a family. Especially when we have our own. They can both play down here. And when we have family and friend parties? The kids can play in that room, and the adults can hang out over here." He said and I buried my face into his chest and he held me tightly into him.