Chapter 46

I woke up for the first time in weeks next to Trevor and he was kissing my cheeks and rubbing my side. He was holding me so tight and I smiled sleepily and nuzzled into his neck.

"Good morning, beautiful." He said.

"Morning." I said muffled into his neck and he kissed my cheek again.

"Mmm." He said lowly against my neck and he left slow soft kisses scattered up from my neck to my cheeks and he softly bit my cheeks as I began to smile. We both laughed and he chuckled before kissing them more.

"I wanna talk to you about what I was thinking about yesterday." He said lowly against my cheek.

"What's that?" I asked and ran my fingers through my hair.

"I was thinking about Mackenzie." He said and I nodded.

"And I don't know if this is crazy and if you would want to, which is why I'm talking to you about it-" he paused and kissed my cheek again.

"What if we adopted her?" He asked and I looked up at him and pulled away.

"What?" I asked.

"What if we adopted Mackenzie?" He asked.

"Trevor, do you know how much time and work that would be? I'm not saying she's not worth it but on top of the process-she had parents. She had happy and great parents. She's probably going to be so lost growing up-"

"So we help her. Look, I've seen kids like this. They come from a good home, lose their parents at a young age for some fucked up reason, then they grow up and get into trouble and then 18 years later I'm the one putting them in handcuffs or calling an EMT unit for a drug overdose. I don't want that to happen to her. She loves us and it would be horrible if the wrong family got her and she was scared of them and didn't even know them and used her to collect money. I don't want that to happen to her and I'm serious." He said and I ran my fingers through his hair.

"Trevor, I understand. I really do. She's a great kid and loves us and I love her too, but we don't even have a stable relationship. What would we do? Argue around her and have to explain to her that her teacher and favorite person aren't happy? And what if we break up? How would that work?" I asked.

"Who said we were breaking up? Unless you want to cut things off with me, I have no plan of doing so with you. We won't argue in front of her. No relationship is perfect, Bailey. I'm sure her parents argued in front of her, we just have to be more aware of how we approach things and not do that. We could figure it out if we did. Bailey it would change her life." He said.

"I don't know." I sighed and he kissed my cheek.

"Please?" He asked.

"But she would be so confused." I said and he sighed.

"Okay." He said and I ran my fingers through his hair.

"I'm sorry. I just don't think now is a good time. We're literally in the middle of a break and we seem to be arguing all the time. I don't want to take her in, knowing she's already lost and confused, and have her be even more lost and confused." I said.

"Okay." He nodded and I kissed him.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too."