Chapter 29

I was out at the bar again. What else would I do on a Friday night by myself? I hadn't been at the bar since what happened, but I figured I'd go anyway.

When I got in, I looked around at everyone sitting at the bar and everyone on the dance floor and I sighed before going to the bar and ordering a vodka and Red Bull.

"I'm surprised you're back." The bartender said from that night and I nodded.

"Me too, but everyone's okay and the asshole is locked up." I said and he nodded slowly before up over my shoulder.

"He's here. With some girl." He said and I cocked an eyebrow before looking back to see Trevor and his wife sitting at a table with two empty drink glasses on the table while almost done a second glass. He looked annoyed and he looked over and we made eye contact. His face lit up a little and he looked away. I smiled weakly and looked back to the bartender shyly.

"It's his wife." I said and he raised an eyebrow at me and chuckled before walking away.

"Hey." I heard Trevor say behind me and I turned around to see him and his wife.

"Oh, Hi!" I said excitedly and I shook her hand. I looked down at it and saw bruises around her wrists, as if someone gripped her wrists hard. I smiled weakly to play it off like I didn't see and he hugged me.

"How are you?" She asked.

"Good, how are you?" I asked.

"Good." She smiled weakly and he nodded.

"Didn't think I'd find a teacher at the bar. Aren't you guys supposed to be perfect and not do anything bad." He joked and I laughed.

"Something like that." I shrugged and he smiled and winked.

"Is it date night for you two?" I asked.

"Yeah. He finally took me out for once." She chuckled and he rolled his eyes and her smile faded.

"Yeah it's date night, but we're gonna get out of here. It was nice seeing you." He said.

"You too. Have a good night!" I said to them both and looked at her as I said it.

"You too." She smiled and he grabbed her hand and walked away with her. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair after they walked away and the bartender came back.

"You have a lot of balls to be doing that." He said.

"What?" I asked.

"To be with a married man and act all sweet to his wife." He said and I shrugged.

"I don't think he's happy." I said.

"It's obvious he's not and she knows it too." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Why are you in my business? I don't even know you." I said.

"It looks to me you tend to associate with people you don't fully know." He said and i narrowed my eyes at him and he smiled people walking away to make a drink for someone. I didn't understand. What did people know that I didn't?