Chapter 17

His wife left and I "left" before she even did too because I didn't want her to think anything. He texted me though and told me she left so I went back to his room. It was 7am and we were exhausted. I just wanted to go to sleep and when I walked in he looked even more tired than he already was.

"Can you lay with me?" He asked.

"Yeah. I need to. I'm exhausted." I said and he went to move but I stopped him.

"There's enough room for me. Don't move." I said.

"They put a brace on my back." He said and my eyes softened and I ran my fingers through his hair.

"Good. It means you'll heal quickly and be back on your feet. Don't let them tell you that you can't run again. You're going to run." I said and he kissed me as I got in the bed with him. Visiting hours were done and over but he was a cop so he was getting what he wanted.

"Did she lay with you?" I asked.

"She sat with me and talked about what happened." He said.

"I put so much work into that house and it's gone." I sighed and he tilted my chin up and kissed me.

"I'll help you rebuild it." He said.

"No. I'm just buying a new house at that rate. I don't care and it's too much after everything I put into it." I said.

"Then I'll help you rebuild another house. Help you with picking things out. I want to help you in any way. What happened fucking sucks." He said and I sighed.

"You aren't helping me. I'm fine." I said and he kissed me.

"When the contractors let us know when we can go in the house so you can get what you need to, we'll get everything together and I'll help you out. Don't worry." He said.

"Please-"

"I'm not listening to a word you say. You should know that by now." He said and I nuzzled into his neck.

"You need to start listening." I said.

"When I get released can we go to your dads house until 6?" He asked.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I want to fuck and my wife doesn't get home until 6:30." He said.

"Trevor you literally broke your fucking back." I said.

"So? I'll lay on my back and you can ride me." He chuckled.

"Trevor." I sighed and sat up.

"Come here. Hey, don't leave." He said and he grabbed my arm.

"No. It's not okay. I really do care about you and I'd love to go to my dads house with you but I have to go to my parents house and ask them if I can even stay-"

"Can I at least go with you? There? I don't want to be home alone like this. Please?" He asked and I sighed.

"Okay." I said.

"Okay."

* * *

Trevor came to my dads house and it was so awkward. When I got there he was confused on why I was there and who Trevor was. Then I explained everything to him about the fire and how he went in to help me. He was so upset that I didn't tell him in the first place but if I did it would have caused an uproar. At first he thought I was dating Trevor but then he saw his ring and apologized to him for assuming so and it made it even more awkward because we kind of were dating but we didn't want to tell people because it would look even worse.