Chapter 20

"I want to get to know you. Everything about you. From your favorite color, the names of your dogs growing up, how you got that little scar on your cheek, if you had braces-I want to know everything. I've known you for three months and I know some things but I want more." He said as I traced circles on his bare chest and I looked up at him before repositioning my head.

"Braces?" I asked and he chuckled.

"I didn't mean actually. I just meant I want details." He said and I smiled weakly and nodded.

"I had braces." I said.

"I didn't." He said and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"There's no damn way you didn't have braces. Your teeth are perfect." I said and he smiled and shook his head before grabbing my hand and pulling it up to intertwine our fingers.

"I didn't. I swear." He said and I kissed his cheek.

"I had two dogs growing up. A mutt that we got when I was 8 to about when I was 19. His name was Max and lived forever. My dad still has the German Shepard that we got after him. He's 4 and his name is Diesel." I said.

"I have a German Shepard." He said.

"You do?" I asked.

"He's my K-9. My partner. I'll bring him over one day. He's well behaved I promise." He said.

"You're a K-9 Officer?" I asked.

"I am but sometimes. I mean I'm captain of my unit, I was a K-9 Officer. I still am when it's needed in certain situations. If something is going on where Dak needs to step in, he does." He said and I cocked an eyebrow.

"Dak?" I asked.

"Yes." He said.

"Like Dak Prescott? As in the quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys?" I asked.

"Yeah. You know they're my favorite team-I know they're yours too. I named him after him. Makes me seem like I'm related to him." He smiled and I laughed.

"It's a good name. I think Dak Prescott is hot." I said and he rolled his eyes.

"Sorry. The best you're getting is Trevor Prescott." He said and I kissed his chest.

"I'll settle." I said.

"So, your favorite color?" He asked.

"Yellow." I said and he looked down at me.

"Yellow?" He asked.

"Yes." I said.

"Ash hates yellow. She can't stand it." He said.

"Yellow is a happy color. It makes me happy. Sunflowers, the sun, dandelions, lemonade-all Yellow. All related to happiness." I said and he kissed my forehead.

"My favorite color is yellow too. Ash always talked about how it was yellow and how it wasn't masculine and it was ugly. I think it's a happy color too. Fuck the reds and blues." He said and I chuckled.

"I'm happy you think the same." I said.

"Me too, sweetheart." He said and I nuzzled into him.

"The scar on my cheek is from me being a drunk idiot in college. I was doing a keg stand and fell and hit my cheek on some type of metal on the side of the keg and blood was everywhere. I got in a lot of trouble and had to get stitches. It was a good time." I said and he laughed.

"I think it's cute. I couldn't imagine you without it." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"It's really fucking annoying." I said and he kissed me.

"It's cute." He said.

"You're cute." I said.

"What's your favorite number?" He asked.

"4." I said.

"Why 4?" He asked.

"Just my lucky number. Also our quarterbacks Jersey number." I said and he smirked.

"My girl." He chuckled and I smiled.

"We have to watch a game together." I said and he nodded.

"I'll bring Dak. Tell Ash I'm working on a Sunday night." He said.

"Sounds good to me." I said.

"This sounds horrible, but for the three months I've known of you, I never got your birthday." He said.

"It was January 22." I said and his eyes softened. It was February. Trevor started working there in October instead of September because it was when things were settled and everything with getting officers into the school. He missed my birthday because one, I wasn't talking to him for the whole month of January, and two, it was on a Saturday so I didn't make a big deal about it and neither did anyone else.

"I missed your birthday?" He asked.

"It's fine-"

"No. I gotta get you something I feel like a dick." He said and I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Get me something? Do you not realize the room we're in? The house I can actually sit down in? You got me enough for Christ's sake. Don't worry about a birthday gift. You got my house back and my couch broken in." I smirked and he laughed and nodded.

"It's a comfortable couch." He said.

"It is. There's space too." I said and he kissed me.

"We can break it in even more." He said and he went to try to go for more but I stopped him.

"Hey-you're on duty. I appreciate everything you did for me and I had fun tonight. Maybe we can watch the football game Sunday together? It'd be fun." I said and he nodded.

"Yeah. I have to get back to work. I'll tell Ash I have to work a shift on Sunday. My hours are always everywhere." He said before slowly letting go of me and I sat up on the couch and watched him get dressed after wrapping a blanket around myself he got for me too. He pulled his vest on and he motioned me to help him so I did. I tightened it around his back and he thanked me.

"Keeps me safe." He said and I kissed him.

"Be safe, okay?" I asked.

"I will." He said and he pulled me into him before locking his lips with mine.

"I'll miss your lips." He said lowly and I chuckled.

"Go, okay? Be safe. Get the bad guys out of this city." I said and he chuckled.

"Theres rarely bad guys in this city. The most I'll do is give a speeding ticket. I'll be safe and I'll see you tomorrow." He said and I kissed him again. I sat down on my couch when he left and I ran my fingers through my hair. I was happily sleeping with a married man and for once didn't care at all about it. I loved it.