Chapter 143

Me and Trev went upstairs and got the kids to sleep and we went in our bedroom. He oddly didn't bring up having another baby, at least for a while into our long conversation. We were laying in bed and I had my head rested on his chest and we were playing with each other's fingers and hand as we talked. It was so cute.

"Losing my mom was so hard." He said softly and I nodded.

"I know. I know exactly what you felt." I said and he rubbed the back of my hand and spun my ring around my finger.

"It's so weird because you go through something like that with your other parent and you become stronger together and closer and then have no clue what to do when that parents passes too. I felt and still feel completely lost, but I have you. You help me more than you'll ever know." He said.

"I can't imagine what you felt with him passing. That's why I gave you your time. I know how it feels to lose a parent, it's the worst thing in the world, but I couldn't imagine losing my dad right now and I seriously didn't know what to say when you told me and sawyer that day. I felt so bad." I said and he kissed the top of my head.

"It fucking sucks. I don't want you to experience it." He sighed and I kissed his chest.

"We all have to." I said and he rubbed my back.

"I know." He said softly and he rubbed my back again and kissed me.

"I'm a way I want another baby, but I'm also upset because my dad knew we had two. Kenz and especially Dak were his world but if we have another he wouldn't get to meet him or her." He said.

"Neither of our moms met our babies or knew us as a couple in person-I mean we were both young when our moms passed. I'm sure they were happy for us when they were looking down on us though. I used to get guilty for doing a lot of things without my mom. Like graduating high school and college and everything, she would want what I wanted and I did it for that reason." I said.

"So do you want more kids?" He asked.

"I just want one more." I said.

"A girl or a boy?" He asked.

"A girl." I said and my phone started ringing as soon as I did. I ignored it though and trev grabbed it.

"It's Nancy." He said.

"Nancy? Like Kenz's foster worker?" I asked and he nodded and answered it.

"Hello?" He asked and he put it on speaker.

"Hello. Is this Mr. Prescott?" She asked.

"Yeah this is him. Bailey is listening too, you're on speaker-We we're just in bed and I was closer to her phone." He said.

"Oh okay, that's fine. Do you have a second to talk?" She asked.

"Of course." We both said.

"Okay-" she paused and she sighed.

"I know it's later but I needed to call. I know this may be a lot for you to take in right now and it's going to be hard, but I hope you understand. Mackenzi's aunt contacted us last week and asked to take her in. It turns out her mother had a will and assigned her sister and sisters husband as mackenzies god mother and father in her will. I know that this is out of the blue and I know you care so much about her, but in the contracts and paperwork you two signed during the adoption process, it was said that if a family member had legal rights to the child later on, that child would have to go with that family member. I can bring the paperwork-"

"That's not happening. Mackenzie has become a part of our family. She calls us her mom and dad. She loves Dak as her little brother. She's been with us for over a year-no." I said.

"Absolutely not." Trevor said and she sighed.

"Mr and Mrs Prescott, I understand. I understand completely, but I cannot let you have her when someone apart of her family is asking for her and when they have legal proof of being able to take her in." She said.

"How is that allowed? We love Mackenzie." Trevor said.

"I understand that Mr Prescott, but I have also been checking in on your records and it says you were arrested and you had charges against you that you raped and attempted to murder a woman? You also were caught with drugs and had to be hospitalized? I see this all in your records. I just feel that home might not be suitable for Mackenzie and she should be with her real family." She said and I narrowed my eyes and grabbed the phone.

"Excuse you, but Trevor has those charges dropped against him because they had the wrong person and he had been to rehab and gotten help. He's sober and has been for months now. You cannot make him seem like a bad father. He fucking loves her more than anything in this world. He loved her from the time he met her. She has been a big part in our family and my son has adapted to her as being his sister. How dare you call me and tell me you want to take our daughter away from us. My husband just lost his father, and we are not losing a child." I said.

"Mrs Prescott I understand but it's not me. It's the legal documents. Her aunt is allowed to see your records and bring that up in court. It can either be a court battle that you will not win, or an agreement." She said.

"How can this be happening?" He asked.

"Mr Prescott I am sorry, but Mackenzie is going to have to go with her aunt and uncle. I know you love her and she loves you both, but it needs to happen." She said and he rolled his eyes.

"Come here and try and take my baby. See what happens." I said.

"Is that a threat?" She asked.

"Not at all. I'm telling you that that's my baby. We love her so much-"

"I know. I completely understand that you're upset, but I can't do anything about it. It's legal-"

"Our adoption papers are legal too. That's bullshit." I said.

"Bailey, you would still get to see her. The family is willing to let you two see her." She said.

"I'm done talking about this tonight. If you want to talk tomorrow we can. That's our daughter. You can't just take a child away from someone." He said and she went to talk and he hung up.

"That's bullshit Trevor. That's complete bullshit there's no fucking way." I said.

"I know." He sighed and rubbed his scruff.

"We can't have her taken away from us. That's not fair-"

"She's not being taken away from us. I won't let it happen." He said softly and I ran my fingers through my hair and he cupped my cheek.

"That's our daughter. She's been our daughter for over a year and she loves being with us. She's not leaving us." He said.

"Everything has been going wrong for us. I'm so scared." I said and he kissed me.

"They won't take her from us."