Chapter 56

I went to work the next day and so did trev. I still had a faded bruise on my face but it wasn't that noticeable at that point.

I was just going over things about a little quiz we were going to have on dividing and I was putting practice problems on the board for them to use while doing their quizzes. I wasn't a hard grader and wanted them to figure out what to use rather than make them upset and confused.

When they were done taking the quiz, they all went to gym class so I was alone in my room after bringing them there and I sat down at my desk to grade the quizzes. The first one I graded was mackenzies, and although her work was sloppy, she did perfect. I gave her and almost everyone a 100 besides the few that actually got the problems wrong, but I still even gave them an A. My phone started ringing and I sighed when I saw it was Trevor before picking it up.

"Hey." I sighed.

"Not excited to hear from me, huh?" He asked.

"It's not that I'm not excited, just busy. What's up?" I asked.

"Nothing. Just thinking of you. Wanted to hear your voice." He said.

"You heard it this morning." I said.

"I know but you barely talked to me." He sighed.

"I was rushing." I said.

"So is it a problem I call you?" He asked.

"Trevor, I'm busy-"

"Don't act like this. Please stop acting like this. I'm sorry for what I did." He sighed.

"I know, I seriously can't talk about this right now." I said.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you too." I said softly.

"And I just want to love on you all night tonight. I regret so much what I did and I'm learning to be a better man for you every day." He said.

"Okay." I said and he was silent for a few seconds.

"Should I retire? As a cop?" He asked.

"No-Trevor, What?" I asked.

"I just don't know what to do and I don't want you to hold this against me forever." He said.

"I'm not going to. I said what I had to say last night-I'm grading papers, Trev. I really can't talk." I said.

"Can I come visit?" He asked.

"Trevor." I sighed.

"Please? I'll make it up to you I promise." He said.

"You have 45 minutes and that's it." I said.

"Okay." He said and I could tell he said it with a smile.

"See you." I said.

"Love you." He said and I hung up and buried my hands into my face and drug my hands down. I was not in the mood to talk about things when I had my actual job to do.

He opened my classroom door about ten minutes after the phone call and he smiled weakly.

"Hey." I sighed.

"Hey." He said and he went around my desk and kissed my cheek. I went back to grading assignments and he sighed.

"Babe, I'm sorry." He said.

"I'm not mad." I said.

"Yes you are." He said.

"Trevor, I told you everything that I had to say that I needed to get off my chest last night. I'm done talking about this, okay? I'm done. You fucked up and it's done. You told me you'd never do it again so I'm hoping you stick by your word or we're done. Okay? End of story, end of argument, end of entire situation." I said and he sighed.