Chapter 58

I fell asleep that night on the couch, and I woke up to him sitting next to me with his face buried in his hands as he sat on the couch. He didn't know I was up and he looked so mad and disappointed in himself that it hurt me.  He shook his head as he rubbed his temples and he drug his hands down his face before looking over at me. That's when he realized I was up.

"I'm so sorry." He said. He meant it genuinely,  and I just shook my head.

"I'm just happy you're okay." I said.

"Bailey I fucked up bad." He said.

"I know. Sawyer was the one that brought you home." I said.

"I know-I kept resisting from him because I knew what was happening and didn't want to be arrested and I didn't want to be brought down to the station. I kept yelling at him and cursing at him, I fucked up so bad." He said and he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"You're okay." I said and I put my hand on his thigh.

"Did he say anything to you?" He asked.

"He told me that you will probably be suspended for a week or so for this but you'll be fine. You'll be able to go back like nothing happened. He wants you to take a break-You need to." I said and he shook his head and he rubbed his eyes and buried his face back into his hands.

"I'm sorry." He said muffled through his hands and I rubbed his thigh. There was a knock on the door and I already knew it was sawyer, so I told him to come in without even getting up and he did.

"Sawyer, I'm sorry." Trev said and he sat down across from him.

"Yeah-you're suspended for a month- two weeks will be without pay, the other two will be with pay. You're lucky that's it and you're actually getting paid at all. You need this break anyway. You've been getting cocky and out of hand lately and you're my go-to guy when it comes to anything. Why in the hell would you fucking do that? Why would you drink in one of our cruisers? Especially on duty?" He asked.

"I'm sorry." Trev said and he drug his hands down his face.

"I'm seriously so sorry. I know I fucked up last night." He said.

"It wasn't my choice for you to not get paid... but they're not allowing me for you to get paid for a whole month while you're not even on duty. Trevor I really wouldn't have care if you were in your own car and off duty. I would have laughed it off and helped you home. This was on duty last night. You can't do that-"

"I know I can't, Sawyer. You keep repeating the same god damn thing. I get it, alright? I fucked up and it was stupid." He said.

"Can you tell me what's wrong? What's been making you do these things?" I asked and he looked up at me.

"I don't know." He shrugged.

"Can you tell me if we drug tested you tomorrow, would you pass?" Sawyer asked and his eyes softened.

"Sawyer." He said softly and he cocked an eyebrow at him.

"You wouldn't pass a drug test?" He asked.

"Sawyer, don't do this to me. Just give me the month." He said.

"I asked you a question." Sawyer warned.

"No-no I wouldn't pass. Can you please not screw my career over? I didn't hurt anyone. I was drinking while parked and watching a house where no one was home. I didn't put anyone in harm. I was just there. Sawyer please don't ruin my career. You know how much this means to me." He said.

"I'm on your side-"

"You put me in cuffs last night." Trevor said.

"You would cooperate with me." Sawyer said and Trevor shook his head.