Chapter 28

Since I took a Friday off, I was able to have the weekend to myself and Trevor was able to have the weekend to relax more. I was so excited to maybe see him over the weekend, and I was praying I did. I missed him already, but I also understood if he couldn't because his wife. I still felt like a horrible person for doing things with him and telling him I loved him when he went home and did the same things and said the same to her.

I was sitting and watching TV on my couch and I grabbed my phone and went to my messages. I almost texted him, but stopped because if he was with his wife she would have questioned who I was and why I was texting him.

"Who are you texting?" His voice asked behind me and I screamed.

"Jesus Christ, Trevor!" I yelled and he chuckled weakly and climbed over the couch from the back on top of me and he kissed me.

"Why aren't you home? Does your wife know you left?" I asked and he shook his head.

"She went out-I wanted to talk to you." He said.

"Then talk to me. I love talking to you." I said and he nodded and motioned to the TV.

"What are you watching?" He asked.

"I don't know. Something on Netflix I found, I was going to text you but wasn't sure if I should." I said and he kissed my cheek.

"What do you have to talk to me about?" I asked and he smiled weakly.

"You can't be upset." He said.

"Why would I be upset?" I asked.

"I just don't want you to be." He said and I shook my head.

"I won't be. What's up?" I asked.

"Bailey." He sighed and I cocked an eyebrow at him.

"Just tell me. Stop hesitating." I said.

"My Chief is leaving and making my position at the new Chief of police." He said and my eyes softened.

"Why would I be upset? That's amazing, baby." I said and hugged him tightly.

"It is-I just-" he paused and he sighed after pulling away from me.

"I wouldn't be working at the school anymore." He said and my eyes softened.

"Oh." I said softly and he nodded.

"Well-that's okay. I'm happy either way. I know that position is your dream. I want you happy." I said.

"Would it make you happy?" He asked.

"You know we'd make time for each other no matter what." I said and he nodded.

"I know-I just won't see you as much, you know?" He asked.

"Yeah, but we can make time. I don't care. I'm so happy you got it." I said and he smiled weakly and kissed me.

"You're the best, you know that?" He asked.

"I know." I chuckled and he went to put his hand on my lap but I stopped him and pushed him away from me playfully. I was on my period, and it was going to be really awkward trying to explain that to him.

"What?" He asked.

"Nothing-I'm just not in the mood." I said.

"If you don't want me to take the position, I wont. Just tell me." He said.

"What? No-no. You aren't declining that position because of me. I genuinely think it's good for you and you becoming chief makes you do more but puts you in less danger. I'm tired of you getting hurt and worrying about you." I said.