Chapter 84

A few more weeks passed and Trevor still hadn't come around, but he did call Kenzie every night before bed and he told her a bedtime story. He was right, I couldn't do that part. Apparently my voice kept her awake and didn't put her to sleep.

Noah had come over my house every other night and we hooked up every time he came over, but also cuddled and watched movies and had dinner with kenz. He was really good with her.

I was laying on the couch alone with kenz in bed when I felt my stomach flip and I thought it was a cramp or something, but my mouth started watering and I knew I was about to be sick.

I ran to the bathroom and immediately got sick and it was a quick throw up. Not like a big or anything, and I had done that when I was pregnant before we lost the baby. I felt myself get hot, not because I felt sick, but because I was scared. If I was pregnant it was by Trevor, and it was not the time to be pregnant especially by someone that absolutely hated you and someone that I hated.

I walked out the bathroom and down the hall to go back to the couch after rinsing my mouth out and I buried my face into my hands. I literally wanted to die. I was so overwhelmed and stressed. Mackenzie loved me and I knew she did, but it was so fucking hard being on my own with her. The whole thing with cooper keeping her occupied when I wanted a break to myself was wearing off too and was no longer working.

"You look stressed." I heard Trev say and I almost screamed as I jolted my hands away from my face. He walked out of my kitchen eating a banana and he genuinely scared me.

"What are you doing here?! How did you get in here?!" I asked and he shrugged.

"Your door was open. I literally just walked in. Where were you? I was hungry so I figured I'd get something to eat before trying to find you." He said. It felt so good to see him, but I wasn't going to show it and was so annoyed and confused.

"Why are you here, though?" I asked.

"I wanted to see my dog." He said. Poor excuse.

"Oh." I said.

"Noah isn't here tonight?" He asked.

"No." I said.

"Hm." He said and he sat down next to me. A little too close for comfort, and he put his hands on his knees.

"Where were you?" He asked.

"My house." I said.

"I meant when I walked in." He said.

"Bathroom." I said.

"Oh." He said and I nodded.

"I threw up." I said.

"Are you sick?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said.

"Must be why Noah isn't over." He said.

"Yeah he didn't want to get sick." I lied and he nodded.

"He's a pussy then." He said and I chuckled. I never heard him say that before. I honestly hated the word but him saying it was funny.

"I'm serious. He's not a man if he only wants to be here for sex and then leave. I've kissed you even when you were sick." He said and I nodded.

"I know." I said.

"Do you want anything? I'll make you soup or something." He said and I shook my head.

"No. I ate dinner like two hours ago I'm not hungry." I said.

"You just threw it up. In sickness and in health, right?" He asked and I showed him my hand with no ring on it.

"For one we were never married. For two we don't abide by those rules at all because we aren't even engaged and never will be." I said.

"I'm sorry." He said and I looked over at him.

"You don't have to do this. Just go home Trev." I said and he shook his head.

"I'm not saying it so you'll take me back. I'm saying it to just genuinely let you know that I'm sorry. I truly am." He said and I nodded.

"Okay." I said.

"When did kenz go to bed? I want to see her." He said.

"Like a half an hour ago. Go wake her up. It's summer anyway." I said and he chuckled and I smiled weakly. He got up and went upstairs and I followed him up. He quietly opened her door and cooper was laying at the end of her bed and he looked up at him and jumped up. He was so excited to see him and Trev pet him and laughed as he licked him and tackled him on the floor.

"Bailey?" Mackenzie asked sleepily and she looked up to see Trevor. I swear I had never seen her so excited. She literally screamed and jumped out of her bed before jumping into a hug an she held her tightly.

"Oh I missed you so much." He said as he kissed her cheek rapidly and I smiled. She was such a sweetheart. She giggled and kissed his cheek and he tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

"How are you doing? I missed your hugs." He said and she nodded.

"Me too." She said.

"How was your last day of school? Was it fun?" He asked.

"Yeah. Bailey let us color beach things and we talked about things we wanted to do this summer." She said.

"Yeah? What did you wanna do this summer?" He asked.

"Go to the beach and the park with cooper." She said and he smiled.

"Oh well we can definitely make that happen. What about vacation? Maybe in a month or so we can plan to do things." He said.

"A month is already half the summer." I said and he looked up at me.

"Well it's the only time I can." He said with a slight annoyed tone and I rolled my eyes. He was still annoying and dissappointed us. Nothing new. I really was starting to think maybe the only thing I loved about him was how he loved kids.

"Why can't you now?" She asked.

"Because I have a few things I have planned to do first. I'm sorry kiddo." He said and she nodded.

"It's okay." She said and he put her down.

"Okay. I'll see you soon. I missed you sweetheart." He said and he grabbed her gently before kissing her again and she kissed and hugged him goodbye. He let cooper for a little bit and said bye to him before tucking her back in and shutting her door quietly. We went downstairs and I walked him to the door.

"I can't stay?" He asked. I knew he was going to ask.

"No. I really don't need to deal with you tonight. Especially since I was convinced you weren't a dick for two seconds until you said you couldn't do anything with kenz for another month when you know you can." I said.

"I can't." He said.

"Oh I'm sure. Bye Trevor." I mumbled.

"Bailey, I would tell you why but I can't. Don't get mad at me over it. I can't change why." He said.

"I'm sure. Bye." I said and I shoved him out the door and he sighed as he walked to his car. I shut the door behind him and I went straight upstairs to my room as I heard his car start. I was so tempted to call him and tell him to stop and sleep with me so I wasn't alone, but I didn't and I controlled myself.