Chapter 3

I went out with a group of friends and they were all college buddies, thank god not teachers. Since I was only 23, I was obviously more of a partier than the middle aged women with kids at my job and I loved to have fun and drink. The complete opposite of what a teacher is normally like, but if I wasn't doing it at the workplace it didn't matter what I did on my own time. I was dressed in really revealing clothes and I was so drunk out of my mind it was unbelievable. I could barely walk or keep my vision straight and I still managed to find my friends on the dance floor and dance with them. My friend Carter was even worse than I was though and she kept telling all of us she needed to be sick.

At first we laughed it off, but when we realized she was actually going to be sick we ran her out ourself and helped her relax. She got sick and we sat with her for a good fifteen minutes before making sure it was okay to get in the car to leave. Her and I obviously couldn't drive, so my friend Brielle drove since she was the least drunk out of all of us, she always had been. I sat in the passenger seat while Carter and Ashley sat in the back and I had my head against the window.

"I'm going to be sick again." I heard carter mumbled in the back and ashley went to press the window open, but Carter went to throw up on her. Ashley screamed so loud and Brielle swerved while driving multiple times to reach back and pull Carter toward the open window of three car. I reached back and helped her while I watched police lights come on behind us. My eyes softened and Brielle looked over at me.

"Bailey-I'm so drunk. I'm not going to pass the breathalyzer. I'm going to get my license taken away." She said and I looked up at her with my vision blurry. For some reason when I was drunk I didn't absolutely idiotic things and i quickly made her switch seats with me so I was in the drivers seat and she was in the passenger. I didnt know why I did it but I-"

"Hello, ma'am. Do you know why I pulled you over tonight?" I heard behind the shine of a flashlight. I winced at the light and it clicked off.

"Ms Collins? Bailey?" Officer Prescott, or Trevor, asked and my eyes widened.

"Yeah-um-I'm sorry. Hi." I said and he leaned down into the window more and he shined his light at Brielle and Carter and Ashely in the back.

"Everything Alright, ladies?" He asked and they nodded.

"I pulled you over because you were swerving." He said to me and I nodded.

"There were deer." I lied.

"Were there? I didn't see any." He said with a cocky smirk. It wasn't even a flirty smirk. He was just an asshole. He knew I was lying and he was being a dick.

"Can you step out the vehicle please?" He asked.

"Trevor-"

"Please?" He repeated and I sighed and got out. I stumbled forward some and his hands landed to my hips.

"You're drunk." He said.

"I'm fine. I'm almost home." I mumbled.

"I can't have you drive home like this with everyone in the car-let me breathalyze all of you and I'll get you all home. I don't want to screw you over." He sighed and they got out. He got us in a line and breathalyzed us, but I was still the least intoxicated.

"You can't drive." He sighed and I shook my head.

"I can drive. Just follow me home." I said and he ran his fingers through his hair.

"I'll follow your car to each of their houses-"

"This is my friends car." I chuckled and he nodded.

"So stay the night at the last friends house you drop off. You're not driving anywhere the way you are." He said and I went to get back in the car but he stopped me.