Chapter 104

Trev came home that night around dinner. It made me so happy that he wasn't stuck at the bust and it was cleared up quickly.

He walked in as me and kenz were eating tho and he kissed my cheek as he sat down with us.

"Sorry I'm a little late. Looks like you just started eating though." He said. I ordered Chinese. I knew he loved it.

"Yeah. I got you your favorite." I smiled.

"Thank you." He said and smiled weakly before he started to eat.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Fine." He nodded and smiled.

"Trev. What happened?" I asked.

"Nothing." He said and shook his head.

"Babe." I warned.

"I don't want to talk about it right now." He said and motioned to Kenz with his eyes and my eyes softened. Something had to have happened and it scared me. I knew he shouldn't have gone. I told him not to go and he was so annoying about it.

"Okay." I said and he kept eating.

"So-what'd you and mommy do, Kenz?" He asked.

"Nothing. We played with cooper." She said and he smiled weakly.

"That's good." He said. Something definitely happened.

"I'm full, Mommy." Kenz said and I nodded.

"Okay. You don't have to eat anymore sweetheart." I said.

"Can I play with cooper?" She asked and I nodded. She got up excitedly and ran out of the kitchen and I looked over at him.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Bailey." He sighed and I shook my head.

"No. Tell me what happened because I know something did." I said.

"Sawyer." He said and I looked up at him.

"What about sawyer?" I asked.

"I was right next to him and got shot in my chest, but my vest stopped it-"

"Trevor, I told you not to go. You're not going to anymore. You're done. I get this year has been the only year but I seriously can't deal with the fucking stress of this-"

"I'm fine. All I have is a little bruise-" he paused and he showed me his chest after taking his under shirt off. A little bruise didn't even describe it. His chest was completely black and blue.

"Jesus Christ, babe." I said softly and I sat up and moved closer to him and and he shrugged.

"I know.. but sawyer got shot. Multiple times. I was knocked down but once I caught my breath I grabbed him and brought him behind my car. There was so much blood-I had to rip my uniform and wrap it around where he was shot.  No one could get to us and I was screaming for help. He was unconscious as soon as the second shot hit him. They finally controlled it and got him in an ambulance and he's at the hospital-Bailey it was so bad. It was so fucking bad." He said and he drug his hands down his face.

"Did you go to the hospital?" I asked.

"Yeah, I went with him." He said.

"Is he awake?" I asked.

"No. He's still out. He was shot in his arm, leg, and shoulder. It was so bad. I'm scared he won't make it." He said and my eyes softened.

"Don't say that. He'll be okay. He's strong. He'll be just fine." I said and he sighed and I grabbed his hand.